Where do I find the Fire~Fly 3???

xaman

Newly Enlightened
Trying to decide between a Fire~Fly3 and a HDSU60 as my "step-up" from a Fenix L1T.

Anyone know who sells the FF3?

Any advice, or comments comparing it with the HDS U60?

Thanks! :)

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/112136

or here, if you want fancy:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/123073

Much smaller than my B42GT, and brighter on burst (word is brighter than even the U60, but I can't say first hand). Lows are about the same, and the regulation only gives the high brightness with RCR123, but it is still usefull with a CR123 primary in it, and runs looong. The HDS will give identical performance with any battery type. I like the programability of the FF3, although a U60 would provide that too, at a higher cost. The twist action takes a bit of getting used to, but it is smooth as butter, and the price of having such a small 123 light. It will be a bit more forgiving in the V2.2 of the FluPIC, with a 1 second delay to "lock on" a level, up from 0.8 seconds on the first run FF3's. My name on the Ti Limited Edition list totally gives away my opinion of these lights, but I have two HDS EDC's as well.

Hondo

xaman

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, thanks for the link.

Am I reading it right that this is simply an order for a light -- maybe in august?

lukus

Enlightened
Man I am salivating at the FF3 in Ti.

I have the HDS U60XR and I love it. But......it is just a tiny bit too big to ride around comfortably in my pocket on a daily basis. I can't wait for the next run of FF3s.

hivoltage

Enlightened
A Ti FF3 ?.......Must Have!!!!!!!! My FF3 ramains my favorite light, mainly bacause of it's small size yet awsome performance. I would buy another in a second if they came in colors or Ti. Great little light in my opinion.:rock:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
xaman, yes, the first run light inventory is exhausted. Doug makes them in batches, and it will be some time before the lights are ready. Welcome to customs! Good news is the wide availability of Limited Edition metals, for those who want something special to follow the tough act set by the first run FF3's. I had to do a search just to figure out what Mokume Gane is. Woodgrain metal, wow!

hivoltage: They do! (OK, they will). Just hit the second link above. It takes a real enthusiast to prepay for one now, but especially for the Ti, it is the only way to be sure of availability, most of the Ti are bought up already. Good news is we are not talking about HAVING to have a Ti PD. 13 minutes, yikes! $450 a pop, double yikes! (OK, I want one, but I will settle for aluminum if it ever happens).

Hondo

xaman

Newly Enlightened
has anyone ever come up with a pic of a titanium version??? Or any of the "precious" metals for that matter? :drool: :)