Using flashlights for hearing tests............

clipse

Enlightened
Just a comment. I thought this was funny. I never knew anything was wrong with my hearing until I was going through the brightness settings on my HDS EDC U60. Some settings make a high pitched noise. I found out that some of the pitches I can hear only in one of my ears. I never knew one of my ears one different than the other. Its strange what you can find out with a flashlight in hand. :)

z96Cobra

Enlightened
FWIW, I have to take a hearing test every year for work. A few years back I was in the booth doing the test and everything was going fine. The machine tests one ear at a time, and the first ear took a while, as usual. When it switched to my other ear, the test was over pretty quick, but I still heard all of the tones, or so I thought. The nurse opened the door and said she need to check my ears, because something was wrong. She looked in my ear and said there was... [DISCLAIMER: may be gross to some!]... some wax build-up in my ear. I didn't even notice I couldn't hear the higher pitched sounds. Anyway, she told me to go to the Pharmacy and get some ear wax removal stuff. It was only a few bucks, and 24 hours after using it, the build-up was gone and I had my hearing back. You might want to try some, since it sounds like the same thing that happened to me. Its a liquid and you put a couple of drops in your ear before bed, and a cotton ball to keep it in.

Roger

schrenz

Enlightened
:laughing:

I bought a HDS 42 for my wife as an EDC, but the lamp is a little sqeezer im some settings, so I changed it to my own HDS42, I can't hear the noise as good as my wife------may be a result of my Army-service:D

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My upper midrange and high frequency hearing is at least 20 dB down from normal so I can't even hear the switch click. Yet, it's high frequencies that drive me nuts if too accentuated, like most people's stereos, kids screaming, theater and other commercial sound systems. They must boost the high end to 30 dB or more!

jernan001

Newly Enlightened
I have a 4yr old daughter, who like all young females love to scream, giggle and talk in their outdoor voice all day, everyday. I'm thinking it will be about 15 years before I worry about getting my hearing back up to snuff.:lolsign: