Flashlight Fighting Book

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Ken Good's new book is out: "A Law Enforcement Officer's Guide to: Strategies of Low-Light Engagements."

I just got my copy today. It is really interesting. It seems to get into the heart of how the tactics work, focusing on the user and not the gear. It is obviously aimed at law enforcement, but the principles described are broadly applicable to all maners of "bumps in the night checking" and manipulation of dark situations to your favor in general.

I can't think of a good way to describe the content. I have just started reading it, and already it opens a whole new world that I had never thought of.

Even if you aren't into self defense and tactical things, it is a good read.

I think it is only available from www.strategosinternational.com .

Scott

[not sure where this thread goes -- not a gadget, not really a review . . .]

Mad1

Enlightened
An interesting read indeed, from what i read in the sample PDF file.

besafe2

Enlightened
This looks like a very good book from what I could tell. I just wish the price was a little lower.
The author makes the point that most shooting occur between dusk & dawn. When I was in le I was involved in one "shots fired" situation & it was around 0245 on a b&e when the bad guys came out shooting. Thank God we all went home.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
The book focuses a lot on mindset. It goes into a lot of detail about how to manipulate flashlights in engagements, but emphasises using the light in ways that take advantage of the big picture.

An interesting quote is given about a German fighter ace when asked what he thought of the P-51 Mustang. His reply was that most of those he had shot down did not know he was in the same sky with them.

The book is like that -- very big picture/operator/mindset oriented as opposed to focusing on particular equipment or movements. However, there are very good descriptions where needed. I am just starting a section on proper cornering and related flashlight use.

Scott