Black Diamond Gemini

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Halogen plus LED,reflector looks just like SF 9AN, with a larger D.3AA. Beam Q is SureFire.

Oh yea, it's a headlamp.

PhotonRanger

Newly Enlightened
All these new headlamps to pick from!!!

Lightweight LEDs:
Black Diamond Moonlight - 4 LED front/back 3.2oz.
vs
New "Tikkesque" Princeton Tec Aurora 3-LED 3 light levels 2.6oz. all-in-one

Tough middleweight contenders:
Streamlight Trident 1 LED > 3 LED > Krypton
3xAAA - 5oz.-all-in-one
vs
Black Diamond Gemini 3xAA 1(?) LED > Krypton 5.3 oz. front/back

Anyone have hands-on experience with any of these? And I thought that the Mini-Q40 in the mail would be enough of a fix...

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
i believe you me HEADS ON experience
grin.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen the Gemini, the light output is on the dim side (7 hrs runtime on 3AA). For Sure Fire beam quality headlamp, I use PT Vortex with KPR103 and NiMH. It is even brighter than an E2 but with AA cells. Yes, this is waterproof.

I have the Streamlight Trident (the one I have doesn't have Streamlight brand but from the same manufacturer). This is a very good LED headlamp but the beam from the Krypton is pretty bad and very yellow. I replaced the Krypton with another LED and make it an all LED headlamp. I used this light a lot until lately, I replaced it with a Zipka-like light.

This Zipka-like light is exactly the same as Zipka (it seems produce from the same injection mold and I suspect it comes from the same manufacturer) with additional functions. It has a magnet on the trap that you could stick it on your car or any metal stuffs. It also has blinker function and make it a good roadside emergency light (more than a headlamp).

This LED light (strapped on my wrist like a watch) is good combination with PT Vortec on my head (for hight output) during camping or night hiking.

Alan

funk

Enlightened
Alan,
I am confused - you are saying that you have a light that is like a Zipka but not made by Petzl? What is its price?
Sounds interesting.......

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funk:
Alan,
I am confused - you are saying that you have a light that is like a Zipka but not made by Petzl? What is its price?
Sounds interesting.......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was confused as well when I saw it the first time. I'm not sure if Petzl will carry it or not as those additional functions weren't for backpacking/mountaineering where Petzl is targetted. This light seems target Japanese market as it was designed in Japan.

Price? You don't want to know, without Petzl name, it is $11.50. I got one on the first day and got 3 more on the next day!

Alan

funk

Enlightened
Amazing! I will have to find one on my next trip (should be soon) - does it have a mark that I can look for????
11.50!