Just received my D26 bulb from Mike@PTS (question)

BUZ

Enlightened
My question is after I took it out of the packing I looked it over and noticed the bulb was cocked off to one side not nice and straight like the SF lamps! Is there any way to remove the bulb or straighten it as the beam is not true like it should be (is this normal for WE lamps)?

BTW the shipping was lightning fast!!!!!!

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
Not normal :(. I don't think you'd be able to straighten the bulb, iirc they are mounted into a ceramic base. Perhaps email PTS and see what happens ? GL

BUZ

Enlightened
Oh well I guess :( next time I order one from him I'll just ask him to double check the bulb.

mdocod

Flashaholic
if the beam pattern is good.. then they may have perposly installed the bulb in such a way to makeup for an imperfection within the bulb... maybe the filament is centered, but the glass envelope isn't.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike has been great to work with. Let him know and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hey Buz,
The bulb sometimes can be centered but don't touch the bulb with your fingers, use the plastic bag it came in. If this doesn't work email me your order number and we'll send another. :grin2:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P60, P61, and P90 bulbs aren't centered...at least not once they're installed in the lights, but it doesn't seem to affect the beam.