Unforgivable.

Rando

Enlightened
I did the unforgivable yesterday. I took batteries out of a flashlight to use in another device.

In my defense, I was stealing AAAs from a cheap Luxeon clone to put in my TI-81 to determine whether or not I could afford two Surefires right now.

(Yes, I bought them.)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it counts as non-flashlight if the calculator was used for Surefires.

You do know that most OSs come with a calculator, and you can download one for free if it doesn't, yes? Perhaps you were away from your computer?

dyyys1

Enlightened
It was in the gray area, I'll admit, but it was too far into the gray area. As penance, you have to EDC only a cheap, unmodified economy flashlight (less than $5) for 3 consecutive days.

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Take five laps and punch out.:grin2:

Rando said:
I did the unforgivable yesterday. I took batteries out of a flashlight to use in another device.

In my defense, I was stealing AAAs from a cheap Luxeon clone to put in my TI-81 to determine whether or not I could afford two Surefires right now.

(Yes, I bought them.)

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
No solar calc?

I have a ti83 too. Mines is loaded with games though.

Rando

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
I don't think it counts as non-flashlight if the calculator was used for Surefires.

You do know that most OSs come with a calculator, and you can download one for free if it doesn't, yes? Perhaps you were away from your computer?

Yeah, I like my TI because it lists all of the items I'm adding up so that I can look back and see if I forgot everything. I have a calc on my cell phone also, but it has the same problem, with every calculation it shows the current running total, not the entire equation...

I've tried to make up for the error of my ways by picking up a large pack of AAAs from the local big-box store, and 80 or so 123s from BS. :grin2:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick, Rando, to the Batt cave!

But seriously, to put what you did into perspective, it is something my wife would have done. Need I say more?

Go forth and sin no more.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rando - my mom's company had the same problem. They needed a way for calculations to be recorded, so what do they do? Printing calculators! At least they're better than a slide rule (not that slide rules are bad; in fact, they're extremely cool, but a calculator is generally handier).

For the past couple years, I have used GraphCalc. It's basically a TI-85 that you can download for free to your PC, Mac, or Linux machine (and no, it's not a copy of a TI-85, it just has most of the same capabilities). It's about half a meg, and it's almost as quick as the Windows calculator.

You would totally like GraphCalc.

Illum

Flashaholic
LEDMaster2003 said:
At least you didn't take a 9-volt out of a smoke detector for a pak-lite.

In that case I also committed the unforgivable....I dont have a paklite, but I took the 9V out of both smoke dectectors in the house, one for the alarm clock the other to refill my swo SL Styluses...and I didnt tell anyone

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very bad mojo even to joke about. Replace them today. That's a fate you do not want to tempt.

Illum

Flashaholic
chmsam said:
Very bad mojo even to joke about. Replace them today. That's a fate you do not want to tempt.

I bought enough 9Vs to last me a couple of years [heavy use on AAAAs in styluses] yesterday night from target...too lazy to pull a chair and install them last night...Ill do it later