Youtube, myspace etc????

dtsoll

Enlightened
I recently discovered these sites and while there is some real junk on these sites, there is also some really funny stuff. I think I found Youtube from a link somewhere on this forum. Anyway, are there any other sites like this that you know of ? Thanks all!! Doug:)

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Thanks Trashman - those are the ones that are worth it!

There's a LOT of great talent out there and now "average Joe" has an easy way to show it!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman said:
Thanks Trashman - those are the ones that are worth it!

There's a LOT of great talent out there and now "average Joe" has an easy way to show it!

I just noticed that Terra Naomi, herself, commented on Alex's cover. She loved it. How cool is that?

You should check out the other ones from "alexsingssongs", too (currently, only two of them). There's an original song of his that is really, really good (edit: ok, I'll link it for you! I might as well since talking about it talk myself to listen to it again! -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfzy6pyYBY). Even the other ones from Meghan Julius (mynameismeghan) are good. She may have been on "America's Got Talent", but I'm still not sure about it.

The amount of talent out there is just incredible. I've clicked out so many covers of "Say It's Possible", and many are pretty darn good.

You wanna see a sick (kick ***) old time drum solo? Joe Morello, 1963 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35MCwMaLD8g&mode=related&search=
Here's one more Joe Morello, it starts out with him drumming with his hands and fingers! -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHHpMRC7fC0&mode=related&search=

A word of advice....Youtube can be seriously addicting! I've clicked on it here and there for a while, now, but in the last two days I've starting finding out that there is a lot of stuff that really interests me....a lot of it, A LOT OF IT!!! I stayed up until 4:30 on Saturday night, just clickin' away! It'll suck you in! Don't search for anything you really like, because you'll find fantastic examples of it and it'll keep you there!

Edit2: I find it to be so cool that these "amateurs" are uploading stuff that I find to be so good that I keep listening to it, the same as I would a CD that I can't get enough of. Youtube rocks!

Last edited:

Raven

Enlightened
Myspace is a cultural wasteland, but Youtube has some nice gems, if you spend the time to hunt them down.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that mynameismeghan is good. That song "Say it's Possible" is good too.

KingSmono

Enlightened
Trashman, being a drummer... I'm a BIG fan of youtube for the drum solos!! Here's one of the best ones I've seen, and it's by a 12 year old kid!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPncumXZExo

Oh, and thanks to you, I can't get that "Say It's Possible" song out of my head! Haha, it's really a great song... I'm thinking about having my band cover it! :)

-Allen

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude.......No way!!! That kid is incredible! I can imagine him going into a guitar center and some big headed drummer telling him, "get out of here kid, these aren't toys...," only to have the kid to show him up. That'd be classic.

I'm going to watch the other links to see what else there is of him.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny that you should link to that treadmill video, because a couple of days ago my coworker just sent me that link as one of her favorites. It must have taken a lot of work to learn the choreography and to get their balance! That is an amusing one!

carrot

Flashaholic
Trashman said:
Funny that you should link to that treadmill video, because a couple of days ago my coworker just sent me that link as one of her favorites. It must have taken a lot of work to learn the choreography and to get their balance! That is an amusing one!
It is currently among one of the _most viewed_ videos on YouTube. I'm not surprised. :)

KingSmono

Enlightened
Trashman said:
Dude.......No way!!! That kid is incredible! I can imagining him going into a guitar center and some big headed drummer telling him, "get out of here kid, these aren't toys...," only to have the kid to show him up. That'd be classic.

I'm going to watch the other links to see what else there is of him.

It's funny you mention Guitar Center... that's actually where his super-star status began. He won the Guitar Center National Drum-Off in 1995... he won the whole shebang, at the age of 12!!! Now he's like 21, and has all kinds of endorsements... he plays in a band called LazyEye. There's some way more recent videos of him on YouTube, but as you could imagine... they are much more impressive than the one of him when he was 12 years old!