HAARP is now at 3.6 Billion watts!

Lasernerd

Enlightened
The Great Pacific Northwest,home of the Goonies,Sh
See mysterious booms after this article...

Do hightech proponents really think we can survive this type of technology?---and this 'old stuff' relatively speaking.....

Text of article removed as violation of copyright and CPF rules. Settle for the link you posted in the opening post. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure I believe much of what Jerry E. Smith writes about HAARP...

He is a poet and author--not an engineer or physicist.

He, appears, to also misplace 3 zeros in his article. Early in the article he talks about 960 kWatts for the initial tests, and 3.6 million watts (3,600 kWatts) for the final output. And 3.6 billion watts!!!!!!!!

He also talks about ERP (Effective Radiated Power)... You can get "more power" out of an antenna array compared to an "ideal" spherical radiator by directing the power one direction. For example, an FM Radio station may have 50-100,000 watts of ERP, but only use a 10-20,000 transmitter to generate this power (radio station has no need to broadcast any power straight up into space or deep under ground--few people to receive those signals).

I am not sure quite sure that he is very consistent in use of terms and units.

HAARP give the antenna gain as ~20-30 db gain (100 to 1,000x power gain by focusing upwards)--so, that is probably were he is getting the 3.6 Billion Watts ERP (3.6 MW x 1,000 = 3.6 GW ERP or 3.6 billion watts ERP).

3.6 MW is only the equivalent of ~5,000 horsepower (they actually use 10 MW worth of diesel generators to make up for linear amplifier transmitter's losses).

As an example, a 747 can generate about 85,000 horsepower of thrust at cruise altitude--but because it only uses about 1/4 thrust at cruise, it is ticking along on about 20,000 hp. Or, 1 plane is stirring/heating the upper atmosphere for the equivalent of 4 HAARP installations (of course, HAARP is affecting the atmosphere much closer to space).

The HAARP FAQs are here:

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/faq.html

I see "black helicopters" written all over this (not to say that there are not military uses for HAARP)--but I don't see any catastrophic issues happening from HAARP. Natural effects by Sun/Earth interactions are going to swamp any effects of HAARP (IMHO). The FAQ also states this too (they have to wait for "quite periods" in the upper atmosphere to even run tests)...

-Bill

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to say that HAARP isn't responsible for those thing... ;) But there have been unexplained sonic booms or something that sounds like one, happening since LONG before there was a HAARP or a Tesla or even before we had electricity. Any student of Fortean History can share many stories :D

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sub_Umbra said:
That's 3.6 MILLION watts, not 3.6 BILLION watts.
Lasernerd said:
They were doing 3.5 million watts years ago!
they now have over 40 semi-truck sized transmitter trailors on site now.
My little microwave does 1.5 KW

From the article linked in the Original Post dated Saturday May 6th, 2006 7:51 PM:
"... All of these elements are linked together to act as one giant transmitting antenna with an effective radiated power (ERP) of 3.6 million watts, making it the world's largest radio broadcasting station..."

Emphasis mine.

This article is either absolutely wrong or is written so poorly that nothing meaningful may ever be drawn from it -- perhaps both.

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am right in the general area and feel vibes in the ground frequently. I gave up checking the earthquake sites every time I felt something -- too often I would experience the ground vibrating but there would be no report.. often it's practice bombing at sea..sometimes an earthquake...sometimes a heavy truck on the highway...but sometimes there are booms that have no apparent cause...one gets used to it around here, after all there are small faults everywhere..

one thing I thing NOT gotten over though, maybe related to the booms, was this siting of a large silver missile (come to think of it i never called a newspaper -- maybe they could tell me something) I SAW this thing! I don't know what to think;

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119258&highlight=silver+missile