Cyan Lights

flowmaster

Newly Enlightened
Ever since I have seen my first cyan led light I have become adicted to it. I have desperately tried to find a Cyan light which I could use to illuminate my living room and that fits in a normal lamp. Does anybody know a manufacturer of cyan room light or mood lights?? Haven't found one on the internet search.

I'm not the great technican, I would be pleased about ready to use product links.

Thank you all in advance

Gerrit

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
a party bulb at walmart in the blue color actually puts out pretty close to cyan color. Try that first. Otherwise true cyan luxeons (very hard to come by I know! most are greenies!) running on a driver built for mains voltage would be the best thing.

flowmaster

Newly Enlightened
Hello an thank you, I will check the walmart bulb but I cannot believe it comes close to real cyan lights. Why are there no cyan leds bulbs in production?? Is it because of the cooling?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's pretty darn close. Since it's blue, and incadecent which doesn' have much blue, it comes through as a blue-green. The yellow of the incandecent mixes with the blue.

http://www.hotbeam.com/cool.light/1lighting-3.cfm
Shows cyan option. Their other stuff doesnt list cyan.

If you were to get a blue though that was high on the color bin (6) then it can be a good argon laser cyan too.

MR-16 lights are going to be what you need to search for. That seems to be the main focus of people putting leds into vs a normal light bulb.

flowmaster

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks!!!!!!:rock: The MR16 Cyan is exactly what I have been looking for!!