How many nightlights are you running in your house?

How many night lights in your house?

Votes: 16 23.5%

Votes: 15 22.1%

Votes: 7 10.3%

Votes: 7 10.3%

Votes: 6 8.8%

Votes: 4 5.9%

Votes: 3 4.4%

Votes: 4 5.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a pack of 5 from Costco. I plugged a few in to places that really need them: Stairs, bathroom, front door. Then I had to decide what to do with the last 2. I plugged them in eventually in rooms that I don't go to in the dark. That was a mistake. I was lighting the room for nobody, just leaking electricity.

I know they don't use much energy, but it's the principle of the thing. I try not to be wasteful even though it's impossible.

I didn't intend other lights to be counted as night lights, like VCR, clock, and other LED's from various appliances, although you can if you wish.

Last edited:

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
2, one in each restroom. Low-light ones too! Hate getting blinded by the glare from the "real" light and then having to stumble back to bed. :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Since way before ever discovering CPF I was sticking night lights all over the place. I said 7 in the poll, but it's really 8, and half of them are LED.

Geoff

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of those EL things in the master bathroom for late night visits. I also have one in the guest bedroom and another in the guest bathroom, but they're only on when we have overnight guests.

:buddies:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have a couple of Eternalight LED night lights in our house, one in the hallway that illuminates the way to the bathroom and another in the entryway of the house at the foot of the stairs.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a few actually, but most of them are air fresheners as well as being nightlights. I have a bunch of the Airwick air freshener/nightlight. Does anyone know if they are LED or are they incandescant? They are really white, so I would think they are LED, but no where on the packaging is LED advertised, so I'm not sure.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
adirondackdestroyer said:
Quite a few actually, but most of them are air fresheners as well as being nightlights. I have a bunch of the Airwick air freshener/nightlight. Does anyone know if they are LED or are they incandescant? They are really white, so I would think they are LED, but no where on the packaging is LED advertised, so I'm not sure.
I had a few of these, and I couldn't get the damn thing apart to get to the light source!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I redid my nitrlites a couple of months age so I have sufficient light not to trip over the furniture.
Now I use my flashlights less.
Uh Oh!

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
4 kids in a big house, which means LOTS of lights. A total of 10, all LED of coarse!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
9, I think.

I have a few of the EL lights, two LED lights and 4 incan lights.

The LED lights are VERY bright. They are in the basement. The EL's are more of a position marker, and are in the spare bedrooms.
1 of the incans are the standard screw base auto-on type, but I put a 4w bulb in it (I think it came with a 7).
The other incans (GE 1.3w) are also automatic, and just bright enough for night navigation and to light up the bathroom. These are very nice lights, but are about $6 each.

thk

Newly Enlightened
LouRoy said:
Sorry, I can't vote. There is no choice of zero.

That's why I buy flashlights. If I had nightlights, I wouldn't be able to use my lights at night. :laughing:

guyg

Newly Enlightened
Zero, everyone has a flashlight of some sort. I found a pack of two LED lights at Walgreens for 9.95. They are perfect for the two younger boys.