T2, VB-16, Jet1 mk1, Jet1 Mk2, LR5, LR10, 1 custom BEAMSHOTS!

havand

Enlightened
Canon Rebel XT
1/250s
Li-ons charged to ~4.16
Vb-16 Modded with UWAJ Lux3 emitter
All shots @ about 1ft from wall
T2 is MUCH bluer than appears..All others are whiter.
My T2 is busted as i've discussed in other threads. I think i fried the driver. I bought it to mod, but its so bright broken, that i don't see the point until it breaks.

VB-16 on 18650, T2 on 2x3.0V, Jet1 Mk1 on 14500

VB-16 on 2x3.7V RCR123, Jet1 Mk1 on 14500

VB-16 on 2x3.7V RCR123, T2 on 2x3.0V RCR123

Jet1 Mk2 2x1.2V NIMH 65% setting, Jet1 Mk1 on 14500

Jet1 Mk2 2x1.2V NIMH 5% setting, Jet1 Mk1 on 14500

Jet1 Mk2 2x1.2V NIMH 100% setting, Jet1 Mk1 on 14500

LR5 w/flupic BURST setting on 3.7V RCR123, Jet1 Mk1 on 1400

X1 MJ Driver on 1.5V Alkaline and N or P bin K2 (can't remember), Jet1 Mk1 on 14500

Last edited:

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Re: T2, VB-16, Jet1 mk1, Jet1 Mk2, LR5, 1 custom BEAMSHOTS!

Nice beam shots havand,
I can't wait until Wolf Eyes finishes producing the LRB-AA (14500) for the JetBeam. I've only seen the JetBeam with one Lithium AA battery and it seems pretty bright. Would you say the 14500 apears twice as bright as the single AA?

Last edited:

havand

Enlightened

I threw my NIMH cells back on the charger and it overcharged them??? Not sure how, but anyway, i said they were 1.2V NIMH, but they read more like 1.3-1.35V unloaded.

All done at 1/250s except last pic that is 1/800s

beamshots at about 6-8"

Jet1 Mk2 High 14500

Jet1 Mk2 High 1x1.2V NIMH

Jet1 Mk2 High 2x1.2V NIMH

And for the special one :p
Jet1 Mk2 High 3x1.2V NIMH

Jet1 Mk1 14500 vs Jet1 Mk2 High setting on 1x1.2V NIMH
I know this one isn't QUITE fair since the Jet1 Mk1 is regarded as slightly brighter, but its close.

Same Config as above, just higher shutter speed to show differences better

Mike,
Can you give any details of the LRB-AA you mentioned?

Last edited:

Mike@PTS

Enlightened

The LRB-AA is basically a 14500 (800mAh) branded by Wolf Eyes with all standard LRB protections. I'll have some in stock hopefully around the end of October.

havand

Enlightened

canon rebel xt
1/250s

Jetbeam mk2 high on 14500, LR10 UWAJ RCR2

Jetbeam mk2 high on 14500, LR10 UWAJ RCR2
MUCH higher shutter speed

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice shots Greg!

Marlite

Enlightened
Havand

Great pics and selection of shots. Shows the JetBeam's power and usefulness in each of their configurations. White and bright since receiving it in May, my JetBeam I has had no issues at all. Love it! Size matters.

My Bro in-law joined CPF to read-up and order a JetBeam Mark II told of many alternatives, he said no way! I want white like "they" (CPF) say, like yours.

Many thanks for sharing,
Marlite

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
is there a noticable differnce btwn mk1 and mk2?

-david

daveman

Enlightened
Havand, did you say that your T2 is brighter than stocks? If so, how much brighter is it? It's hotspot looks like it will easily outhrow both the VB-16 and the Jet.

havand

Enlightened
daveman said:
Havand, did you say that your T2 is brighter than stocks? If so, how much brighter is it? It's hotspot looks like it will easily outhrow both the VB-16 and the Jet.

I don't know, to be honest. Remember that VB-16 is modified with a UWAJ too! I will try to get a beamshot at a distance for you tomorrow (I have an exam tomorrow I need to study very badly for :) )

It is probably the brightest light I own at the moment. It gets pretty warm pretty quickly.

daveman

Enlightened
havand said:
I don't know, to be honest. Remember that VB-16 is modified with a UWAJ too! I will try to get a beamshot at a distance for you tomorrow (I have an exam tomorrow I need to study very badly for :) )

It is probably the brightest light I own at the moment. It gets pretty warm pretty quickly.
I'm so moved I could :mecry:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Havand - I'm planning on modding a VB-16 HAIII w/ U-bin too (probably UWAJ from 4-sevens) - did you isolate the black lead from the base the led rests on? if so how did you do it? I heard there's danger of shorting w/ their design...

havand

Enlightened
mcmc said:
Havand - I'm planning on modding a VB-16 HAIII w/ U-bin too (probably UWAJ from 4-sevens) - did you isolate the black lead from the base the led rests on? if so how did you do it? I heard there's danger of shorting w/ their design...

HAHA, and here comes the embarrasing part. No, i didn't really isolate it. I slid a piece of electrical tape under it for now because i'm waiting on epoxy from cutter (with some XR-E).

One thing I DID find though was that after swapping emitters, the stock head was fine...But the turbo head, the retaininer for the reflector must be slightly different and was shorting out one of the leads to the emitter. I bent them down as much as I was comfortable with and put (again) and piece of electrical tape over each one. This is by NO means a permanent solution. If you plan on changing heads much, the tape will just fall off. But being fresh out of epoxy, here I stand :)

One thing though...Did you get your VB-16 from Waion? If so, you might want to reconsider swapping that LED. Mine MIGHT have gotten brighter, but Waion hand picks the lights for the best tint/brightest (or so he says). I saw a slight brightness increase, but nothing to write home about. Probably shouldn't have wasted the U-bin on it, but hey, i had it sitting around.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
That must be what happened to mine! I modded in a UX1J into it and screwed the turbo head down. Worked for a bit, then later when I checked it, dud city.

Yes, the light was from Waion. Hrm, I didn't know that he hand-picked them like that. So you don't think there will be an appreciable gain in using a U-bin? Thanks for that heads up! I may not spring for another U-bin then (already destroyed another trying to get it off a star - good thing it was only $9!). Perhaps this is because it is running it at 4w?

I'm buying another one from Waion soon - looking forward to seeing those 4 hr runtimes off a 18650. I think this will be a GREAT wilderness light (well, just one or two night camping), w/ some primaries as backup of course.

---

Btw I received my SmartFire CR2 lights from fifthunit today, and I've got my Royal Blue and Red-Orange Lux III emitters ready to go in there...if I want to isolate them, should I go the electrical tape route? as I'm not really sure what I would have been supposed to do w/ epoxy - coat it on top of the surface that I'm mounting the led to? will superglue work as well? (no epoxy). Also, I'm still not certain why they need to be so isolated - is it b/c the bottom of the LED is metal (within the black housing)?

thanks again man. look forward to your advice! =D