Chameleon Weirdness?

Leef

Enlightened
I'm trying to do a run time test on my Chameleon, using RCR123 and running on the highest output level, and it runs ~10 min then shuts off. I can turn it right back on, but it'll shut off in a few seconds. I'm using AW's protected RCRs.

Is this natural for the Cham? :huh2:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Leef, yes quite normal for a Chameleon. CT 5/5 taxes protected RCR123's, as the little battery is delivering 1.2amps to the led. I use an unprotected Powerizer 3.7-4.2 volt RCR123, and it runs longer than 10 minutes, and the Chameleon circuit will shut down before the battery is over discharged. The solution is running an 18650 in the longer tube when you want loooong run times on 5/5. BTW, the Chamelhead is just awesome on 5/5.

With RCR123's drop down to CT 3/5, or 4/5, for 750mA's, or 1000mA's to led.

Go to flashlight-forums.com for more info on the Chameleon.

Bill

iced_theater

Enlightened
I have Powerizer 3.7 volt cells and on CT5 I've been able to run it for 25 minutes or so before it shut down. It started up again but the battery had been drained enough that only the first 3-4 CT's worked. Worked fine with a fresh battery in it.

Leef

Enlightened
Hmm. Okay, I did a run time with a fresh RCR on level 4 (4 of 5) and got only 16 min :)scowl:) in regulation (500 lbu, ~50 lumen) and 20 min total run time.

:huh2: What in the world is going on?

This is miserable performance. Certainly this light is capable of more. Bad board? Bad juju?

kiely23+

Enlightened
Hi Leef,

ask here, this is the forum of the Chamie designer MR Bulk (Charlie)
http://flashlight-forums.com/
He helped me too, Charlie is a really friendly guy :grin2:

Leef said:
Hmm. Okay, I did a run time with a fresh RCR on level 4 (4 of 5) and got only 16 min :)scowl:) in regulation (500 lbu, ~50 lumen) and 20 min total run time.

:huh2: What in the world is going on?

This is miserable performance. Certainly this light is capable of more. Bad board? Bad juju?