poof

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Simple and easy bike handlebar mounts! (Image intensive.)

Just don't go flying over your handlebars, or the results won't be all that cheap.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast

way nice!

just need some rubber there to keep it all grippy.

Ikonomi

Enlightened

Surprisingly, I haven't found much of a difference with or without rubber shims. They tighten down pretty well on their own. I haven't had them move at all after going over rough terrain... But if you're using a particularly long or heavy light I'd imagine that they might loosen up a little. Though while riding tonight I did realize that they could be dipped in some of that liquid rubber grip coating for tools. That might be even better than rubber shims!

wasBlinded: Hm... Well, I've earned enough lumps on a bike that I'm not too worried at this point. Of course, one could always just flip them over so the light is beneath the handlebars. Or, now that I think about it, one could just take off the top hanger and wrap an elastic velcro strap around the light. I like the adjustability and solidity of my setup, though.

Last edited:

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened

Suggestion....get a can of "Plasti-Dip" and coat the hangers with it (take the bolts out first). Plasti-Dip (or similar product) is used to coat the handles of tools to give it a nice grip. It comes in several colors (including black) and has a million uses. I even coated the anchor for my kayak so it would not scratch the heck out of my hull. Once coated, it would protect your flashlights and handle bars.

Night Ize makes an inexpensive rubber strap for attaching a flashlight to you handle bars as well. I have several and they work quite well.

cy

Flashaholic

apologies... but those look awful!

twofish clamps were 3 for $12 at bike nashbar not too long ago. last reports they were out, but others stock em..

Mr_Light

Enlightened

For protecting lights you might try pieces of garden hose slit down the side. Rubber as opposed to vinyl work the best. One old hose goes a long way!

Ikonomi

Enlightened

Hehe, I guess I really thought folks would like these more. :) Oh well... I thought they were cool. They really do work. I had a very difficult time finding the Twofish Lockblock or anything else for holding flashlights, so I had to improvise.

Oh well. I will save myself some embarassment. I guess I'm the only one who had to roll his own on this one. That's what I get for trying to make somethin'. :)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw these this morning. I figured it was pretty good. All you had to do was get some old inner tube and heatshrink a few layers on the metal and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.