• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 20mm metal reflector (SMO) for Lux

waion

Newly Enlightened
These are aluminium reflectors (SMO) for Luxeon LED:

VB-16 ref 1.jpg

VB-16 ref 2.jpg

Dimensions:

Outer diameter: 20.5mm
Height: 15.5mm [edited to correct]

Beam pattern:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130315&page=6&pp=30

(post #161, picture kindly taken by havand)

Price:

$6/ pc shipped with airmail. For mail registration (optional), pls add $2/ order. I won't be able to be responsible for lost mail.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. They seem pretty deep, I wonder if modded they will focus the Cree-XRE well...

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isaac, your a mind reader.

Same diameter as the plastic IMS 20 but a full 4.9 mm deeper.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
what I want to know is if the coating is thicker than IMS ones. It is kind of self-defeating to buy expensive high output high efficiency emitter when the lumens output is only going to be wasted by the poor coating of a reflector used for it.

if the reflector is pretty efficient, then it would be worth while to put it into a high output emitter.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
shiftd, I'd think since it's metal it's gotta be better than mirrored black plastic (ims).

waion

Newly Enlightened
havand said:
These fit the regular Vb-16? Any chance of getting orange peeled ones? Bump

Yes, these are exactly the reflectors being used in the VB-16 TXOJ HAIII.

waion

Newly Enlightened
shiftd said:
what I want to know is if the coating is thicker than IMS ones. It is kind of self-defeating to buy expensive high output high efficiency emitter when the lumens output is only going to be wasted by the poor coating of a reflector used for it.

if the reflector is pretty efficient, then it would be worth while to put it into a high output emitter.

The reflective surface is very "shiny". That means the efficiency of reflection is high. The opening is about the same size of the Luxeon dome.

audioman

Newly Enlightened
wo...:drool: i like this high quality 20mm smo reflectors,it can use on my next M@g TRI CREE mod.:grin2:
i will take ten 20mm smo reflectors :laughing: :goodjob:

thanks

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
audioman: please let us know how they perform when opened up/shortened on the back for the cree to focus! :thumbsup:

The vb16 has a very nice tight beam from when I saw one in person at BugLightGeek's house. I hope they work for the cree that would rock for a quadmag!

waion

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for missing that question. Orange peeled is possible. But that would reduce the throw. Therefore I decided to go with the SMO first.

Last edited:

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waion, I hope you right. If they are efficient and and come at this (relatively) cheap price, then :D

Any chance of having these reflectors fit for CREE right out of the box without additional boring etc? Just asking, since apparently reflector for cree is in no supply at all

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there ever are any orange peel I want some. Would work better to try and modify for the Cree. Mirror finish reflectors make for a beam that looks like doo-doo when used with a Cree. IMHO