Keychain light and EDC for me........

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I was never one to to really carry anything on my belt so it took me a while to find an EDC that comfortable and useful for me.

Here is what I decided works best for me.

I wanted something on my belt that would help out in pathway lighting dark places and aid in lighting up things on my desk I am working on when needed. I know it doesn't give out a huge amount of light, but I chose this because I find it useful and it is VERY low profile and easy to carry.

I picked up a keychain light similar to this style and just simply clip it to my belt loop. It's low profile enough that I am comfortable with it for everyday.

34155054.JPG

I am going to purchase something along the size and power of an E2E to keep in my inside jacket pocket. Maybe even an inova T2, or T3.

Lastly, I want something to keep on my keyring. I was thinking a Fenix P1, but I want something a little thinner and lighter. I want it to be bright and have at least a 2 hr run time. It also needs to be very durable including the lense as I am always throwing my keys around. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
For EDC, may I recommend the Mini Maglite 2AA 3-watt LED. Fantastic little light, good price, bright, good run time, easy to conceal, and you can twist the head off to use the "candle mode."

-lightUup

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Depends whether you want an EDC to use everyday, or to carry, in case you might need it one day.

For my all day, everyday EDC, I have an Arc AAA-P on a neck cord, and I use it rarely, but it's there if I do need it. For my EDC to use, I generally have a 2 cell Surefire or even two in my jacket pockets, or a smaller light (SF L1) in a trouser pocket, if no jacket worn.

BrightGal

Banned
My Fenix L0P SE is perfect for me. It's plenty bright or dim as needed, uses standard sized commonly available batteries and is relatively inexpensive. The Fenix L0P SE is the only light I need to carry daily.