X-mas Gift for my postal clerks?

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 4 female clerks I'd like to get gifts for, nothing personal or expensive, just a way to thank them and show I appreciate them. The one thing my sister suggested was some of those nice smelling hand sanitizers, since they probably use that stuff alot. I figure I can get a bottle for each station, something like that.
Any postal clerks here, or people who know them and their job, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Just an article on hand sanitizers - I don't think it will stop people from using it who think it works, but the claims that it kills 99.9% of bacteria are greatly exhaggerated, and as this may point out, it could actually increase the amount of bacteria on the hand. :shrug:
john's daily dose of trouble-causing :nana:

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
There might be a legal restriction on what they can and cant accept as gifts based on the USPS manual. I think my mother usually puts a few bucks in a card for our mailman, as well as the ups man.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think that a bottle of hand sanitizer that contains a moisturizer would be a thoughtful gift for someone who works in that position. Hand sanitizer alone can be very drying. I've used one that contains aloe and I like it.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I give the kind ladies at my local PO (and the Mail Carrier who does our route) home-made cookies. Last year I was there pretty much every day, and it was a nice way of saying "thank you".

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
coldsolderjoint said:
There might be a legal restriction on what they can and cant accept as gifts based on the USPS manual.
Right, this is the reason I'm not going to give them anything not in factory packaging, including things like cookies.

Photon, that's what I've come up with so far, some of the moisturising hand gels, that smell really good.
And I can't just hand over cash to 4 women, that's soooo asking for a beating!

lukus

Enlightened
This is such a polite forum. Any other, and some wag would have already suggested coupons for anger control classes for the postal employees.

My grandmother used to have a mail carrier that would stop and chat over a cup of coffee once or twice a week. He always got a Christmas card with a $20 in it.

Me, I love the UPS guys (AKA brown santas). Seeing one pull into my driveway is always exciting.

Arkayne

Enlightened
jch79 said:
Just an article on hand sanitizers - I don't think it will stop people from using it who think it works, but the claims that it kills 99.9% of bacteria are greatly exhaggerated, and as this may point out, it could actually increase the amount of bacteria on the hand. :shrug:
john's daily dose of trouble-causing :nana:

That article was written in 2000. Maybe they have a new improved formula that works better?

New and Improved, it only removed the first 2 layers of skin and will 100% sting!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
bitslammer said:
Hmmm. Cookes coated with hand sanitizer icicng?
No, I know what you should give them.

Cellular peptide cake.

With mint frosting.

(Name the reference!)

Joking aside, how about, well, a flashlight? Depending on your desired price range, you could get a $0.50 Fauxton, a $10 Photon, or E0. They could pop any one of those right onto their keyrings and have a handy little light to EDC.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think 4 older women would know what to do with flashlights, or I would be on it with the phauxtons :)
It really isn't going to be 4 individual/personal gifts, just something they all can use within the office.

Carbine, I couldn't find an episdoe titled "Data's Dream". Just "Phantasms", which was about Data's dream. Whatcha gettin' at?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given that some people may have allergies to different products or the components that go into products. I think USPS employess are now allowed to accept gifts up to a $20 value (there was a time when they were prohibited from accepting gifts of any value, though their management would look the other way during the holidays or use the "would offend" exception to that rule. As such, I would think that either cash or gift cards, might be more appropriate. The recommendation that is often considered appropriate for letter carriers from both businesses and private residence customers is generally cash or an appropriate gift card. There was a time when a bottle was popular, but that seems to be less common these days.

Omega Man said:
There are 4 female clerks I'd like to get gifts for, nothing personal or expensive, just a way to thank them and show I appreciate them. The one thing my sister suggested was some of those nice smelling hand sanitizers, since they probably use that stuff alot. I figure I can get a bottle for each station, something like that.
Any postal clerks here, or people who know them and their job, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.