Milky "Mr. Big" 3x5W

Miciobigio

Enlightened
This is a very short story :

I needed a flood light, for indoor use , and i wanted an old stile KL3 head to be used because it's IMHO one of the best looking heads, asked Milky to build this for me and i ended up with "Mr. Big".

It's not that big in size , as you can see form the pic next my U2, but it's big in output !

The head seems like new, you can't realize that it's modded (from the outside).

You can see 3 LuxV WXOS that works very well filling of white light a room; i don't have to move up and down , right and left as with the other torches i have ; all i have to do is to push the switch :grin2: .

I use this KL3 with an E2C + UBH + Z57 and it's well balanced in my opinion.

What i like in this flashlight is that it is perfect for my needs :)

Thanks Milky !

NB : I made the beamshots in manual mode , same aperture and same speed for all the pics.

MrBig2JPG.jpg

MrBig1JPG.jpg

MrBig7JPG.jpg

MrBig6JPG.jpg

MrBig5JPG.jpg

MrBig4JPG.jpg

MrBig3JPG.jpg

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
More Milky magic!! :rock: His work is awesome, nice light! :goodjob:

jtice

Flashaholic
LOL, damn, yea, I would call that a room filler for sure !!! :eek:oo:

yet another great piece of work from Scott !!!

~John

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG, almost dropped my cup of coffee with that last pic. WOW
Great job Milky !!!!!!!!!!

Flashdark

Enlightened
+1!!

Miciobigio,

A couple of questions, please:

1. Will it also regulate on 3v or 6v, or do you have to have 9v in the body host?
2. What does the runtime graph look like?
3. Did Scott say that he could put these reflectors in another head, or just this one?

The reason that I ask these questions is that it would be very convenient to have this capability in a "C" head on an E1e/LU-60A/Z57 host. Kind of a mini-powerflood. If it would regulate all the way, you could "ramp up" to a 6v or 9v body, as desired. Best of all possible worlds. The improvement over the L4 is nothing short of astounding!!!!

Flashdark sends,
Flashdark spends.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Hi Flashdark,

( i tried to quote your post but IE hangs up every time...:rant: )

I use that head with a 3Cells body ( 9 Volts ) and also 2Cells body using RC-123 i don't think that with 6 Volts you can get full brighness , for the rest of your questions it's better that Milky chime here becouse i don't know ...:huh:

But i'm sure Milky can put those tiny reflectors in every SF heads. :grin2:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Just saw this thread yesterday(?)... and didn't get a chance to respond until now!

I must say, when I was scrolling through the beamshots I literally began laughing hysterically! It's just so ridiculously over the top that I couldn't help myself! Thanks for making my day! :eek:

Flashdark said:
+1!!

Miciobigio,

A couple of questions, please:

1. Will it also regulate on 3v or 6v, or do you have to have 9v in the body host?
2. What does the runtime graph look like?
3. Did Scott say that he could put these reflectors in another head, or just this one?

The reason that I ask these questions is that it would be very convenient to have this capability in a "C" head on an E1e/LU-60A/Z57 host. Kind of a mini-powerflood. If it would regulate all the way, you could "ramp up" to a 6v or 9v body, as desired. Best of all possible worlds. The improvement over the L4 is nothing short of astounding!!!!

Flashdark sends,
Flashdark spends.

Miciobigio said:
Hi Flashdark,

( i tried to quote your post but IE hangs up every time...:rant: )

I use that head with a 3Cells body ( 9 Volts ) and also 2Cells body using RC-123 i don't think that with 6 Volts you can get full brighness , for the rest of your questions it's better that Milky chime here becouse i don't know ...:huh:

But i'm sure Milky can put those tiny reflectors in every SF heads. :grin2:

I don't have a runtime graph, dangit. :( I think 3x123 primaries should give you about an hour of runtime, most of it in regulation.

Yes, those reflectors could go in any head, really. The old-style KL3 head doesn't have much room inside so if they fit in there, they're likely to fit lots of other places, too. :)

Chronos said:
OMG I want one! I'm going to have to budget for one of these!!!

Let me know! :thumbsup:

Concept said:
Nice, really nice. Is that a Surefire lego acceptable head?

Yup. The KL3 head itself fits the M2, C2, C3, 6P, 9P, G2, and a bunch of other SureFire bodies. Then install the E2C adapter and you can connect to any E-series compatible part including SureFire, Aleph, Vital Gear, McLux, Balrog, UBH, and more.

bxstylez said:
hmmmmm how much would a "mr.big" cost me?

Very roughly, my guess would be $345 or so. Those darned LuxV emitters get costly! :rant:

iNDiGLo said:
Where do I sign up for one!!?? :sold:

:goodjob:

PM me if you're seriously interested! I'd love to build some more of these little monsters, heh heh. :naughty: