What finish do you prefer?

Lightmeup

Enlightened
I'm going to get a Fenix E0 for a friend as a gift. Since I have no experience with AAA keychain lights, I'm wondering whether to get the black or the natural finish. What do you guys prefer, and why?

PhantomZ

Enlightened
Nat i guess for key chain because if the keys are silver colour, they would match more. black will show scratches more so then Nat.

Libbs

Newly Enlightened
From pictures I've seen, the P1D-CE Natural finish looks a lot more like olive green than silver, is that my computer screen or just bad lighting on the pictures?

For those of you that own one of these, can you confirm wether it's really more silver or more olive'ish, or even post some pictures you personally took or link me to them?

Thank you very much,

Libbs

PS: Happy new year to everyone! Been reading these forums so much there's a lot of interesting stuff :D

blake711

Newly Enlightened
I go Nat when ever available and my experience from watching folks purchasing here in for sale threads is Nat is always chosen more than black. Black is whats always left at the end of sale or closed out.

Blake

piper

Newly Enlightened
I had an E0 natural (don't worry, I gave it away as a gift) it was a beauty. Not green at all, really nice.

For EDC it's the best colour imho.

The E0 is a great little light with a fine beam. Great choice!

lukus

Enlightened
Another vote for the natural, and agreement with peskyphotons. Flashlights should be easier to find in the dark, don't make 'em black.................Now I want to change my vote to HAIII in dayglow orange.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lightmeup said:
I'm going to get a Fenix E0 for a friend as a gift. Since I have no experience with AAA keychain lights, I'm wondering whether to get the black or the natural finish. What do you guys prefer, and why?

Generally, black is the worst color to get for keychain lights since it'll show every scratch the light gets over time. Silver, when an option, is generally the best since scratches are invisible.

I've heard from other CPFers that the natural finish on Fenix lights tends to be a bit more durable.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Natural all the way...with any brand of light.
buttrock.gif

CFU

EsthetiX

Enlightened
White or maybe even Yellow.. (if they made them in these finishes) something other than the same old natural and black!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally prefer type III Hard anodizing. Reciently I had a couple of parts done in a golden color which is extreemely durable. It is possible to acheive a heavyduty coating other than natural or "slate".
Here are 3 images of the ARC AAA after over 2 years of heavy rough use on my keychain. Have a look:
arcAAA3over2years.jpg

arcAAA2over2years.jpg

arcAAA1over2years.jpg

This is what you can expect from the best finish out there. I would be amazed if the Fenix finish held up as well after the same amount of time on the keychain.

Yaesumofo

Last edited: