• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Milky-Mod M3T Tower w/ z48 W/ PICTURES ADDED!!!!!!

Kyle.Crawford

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

I just got this flashlight from Scott a few weeks ago and I realized that it is just too much light and too much money for me, especially as my TV just broke and I need a new one...a better one...a 42" sharp 1080P LCD. :grin2:

Anyway - this is a LuxIII UWOJ on a DB800, mounted on a custom made pedestal that fits perfectly and is perfectly focused by milky. It puts out somewhere around 100 lumens (don't remember exactly what scott said) and focuses down to a very small, bright point. It is really a very nice bright light that throws very, very well and is very solid and wonderful. Light is in perfect, as new condition. The KT4 head is the scalloped (not sharp death scallops, but nice ones that let out a little light) version and is all HA Nat. Comes with a guarded z48 clicky in HA Nat as well.

I paid somewhere just under $500 for the light, so I will be looking to sell for $425. I also have 4 AW protected 17500s as well, that I would be willing to sell with the light for a total of $450 ($15 off price of new batteries).

The other reason that I am selling this light is that I got into modding lights myself somewhat and enjoyed it immensely...so I would rather do my own work on my lights, even if it costs more...as I enjoy putting in the time and pushing the envelope (often breaking something...:)).

Payment pref by paypal. We can discuss relevant costs of shipping and PP. I can also do partial payment now and partial in 2 weeks or whatever...if you are interested in the light, lets try to work something out.

IC9Y5431.JPG

IC9Y5433.JPG

IC9Y5437.JPG

IC9Y5439.JPG

IC9Y5442.JPG

IC9Y5435.JPG

IC9Y5434.JPG

Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
Kyle

Last edited:

Kyle.Crawford

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Milky-Mod M3T Tower w/ z48

Is anyone remotely interested...whats the hold-up?

I realize that this is not a Cree light...but it throw better than a cree, which is why the LuxIII was used rather than a Cree (scott tried both).

Kyle.Crawford

Newly Enlightened
Pictures added.

Anyone at all interested???

BTW - the beamshots are taken at the same exposure...so you can compare on/off.

Kyle.Crawford

Newly Enlightened
Any interest at all???

Any reason that no one wants this light? Its an awesome light and I'm sure that other members would agree...based on the tech and the quality from Milky...

Please let me know if you are at all interested!

Thanks,
kyle

Led_Blind

Enlightened
If you happened to drop a seul led inplace of the lux i am sure you would get some takers :)

Sure looks nice tho already have too many lights myself. :)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it is a light whose time has come and gone.
Maybe people do not want to buy it for the same reason you are trying to dump it on the market.
Why are you selling it?
That may be the same reason why people are not buying it.

I have and you will to if you look, seen more and ore failed sales on cpf. many jut go unnoticed. Why?

The bottom line is this. You may have over payed. Now you expect to realize most of your investment. The problem is this your price is more than the market will bare.

There is a mccxxiii PD with all the trimmings for sale for $380 on the BST for example. This price is about $100 too much to expect an kind of quick sale.
So the solution is this. realize that you made a choice when you bought the light, you paid what you were willing to pay. Not necessarily what somebody else would pay for your light used. Here you have 2 choices. knock off $100 and try then. Or decide to keep the light in your permanent collection. If you want to sell the light.

I have spent $1000's on flashlights. I would never expect to realize that I would be able to get any where near what it cost me should I choose to sell all of my lights.

Your light may be awesome. but it simply isn't anywhere near $400 worth of awesome. like I said if you really have to sell it take at least $100.00 off the price.

Or go to eBay. Try there.
Yaesumofo

Kyle.Crawford said:
Any interest at all???

Any reason that no one wants this light? Its an awesome light and I'm sure that other members would agree...based on the tech and the quality from Milky...

Please let me know if you are at all interested!

Thanks,
kyle

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC mania said:
WOW!! :eek:oo: Why is there duct tape on the tower? Where is the outside spring?

ARC mania

Uh... what, Mike? :eek:oo: There is no duct tape on the tower, it's an artifact of the lighting in the photo. The tower was hand-trimmed using a carbide bit on a Dremel for precise fit in the reflector opening to maximize thermal transfer area.

The outside spring is attached directly to the reflector itself to avoid damage to the pedestal caused by having a spring get caught on the body when attaching/detaching the head... something that's been known to happen occasionally. That said, the spring is removable so one can move the module to a different head if desired.

BTW guys, that's an M3T Kyle's got, which by itself sells for $308 and does NOT include a Z48 tailswitch... Lighthound sells the Z48 for $35 plus shipping... that's already approaching $350 without considering the tower module itself.

Bamboo Sticks

Newly Enlightened
*post edited by Sasha for rudeness and probable trolling*... One strike... you don't get any more. Take heed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bamboo Sticks said:
*post edited by Sasha for rudeness and probable trolling*... One strike... you don't get any more. Take heed.

Owned,

And a bump for a Scott mod. Definately some of the best around.

Shane

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC mania said:
WOW!! :eek:oo: Why is there duct tape on the tower? Where is the outside spring?

ARC mania

Woooooooooooops !
That humble pie must be really yummy right about now :grin2: