$10 Keychain Flashlight

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
How about the six dollar Dorcy 1AAA led at Walmart? Good reputation, simple to use, cheap available battery.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If she'd like a twist-action light with more gripping surface than the 1AAA Dorcy model, you could get her the 1AAA Garrity model. Comes with a lobster claw keyring, sells for $9.99 at Rite-Aid.

cutlerylover

Banned
cabindriver said:
How about the six dollar Dorcy 1AAA led at Walmart? Good reputation, simple to use, cheap available battery.

If she doesn't mind a bit of a bigger keychain light I second the dorcy suggestion, I love the 2 that I own!

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you head over to Pacific Mall at Steeles & Kennedy you will likely find more than a dozen different keychain models in the gadget/gizmo shops that you could try before you buy.

paulr

Flashaholic
Whoops, didn't see you were in Canada. Anyway I suggest getting some cheap coin cell lights and treat them as disposable, or else get her a 1AAA powered light. The Keymate is a nice light but if she gets replacement button cells at a drugstore, it gets expensive.

dealextreme.com (formerly fifthunit) has coin lights for $4.70 per ten-pack including worldwide shipping, you can't go wrong at that price. I bought 30 of them and 27 worked, so I'm satisfied ;)

Last edited:

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
paulr said:
The Keymate is a nice light but if she gets replacement button cells at a drugstore, it gets expensive.
I don't know about shipping to Canada, but I've seen online stores and ebay with the batteries. Perhaps you could just by a stash for her. That's assuming you go with a Keymate.

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
Check out www.ccrane,they sell the LC-3 led light,runs on 1-aaa its quite bright and is built like a tank.Only 6.95 and the one I have is well worth it. It is now out of stock till next month,I was quite happy with how well made this thing was.