• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Looking for a nice one off CREE XRE (Q2 or Q3) creation with a good budget :-D

coolal

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone. It's amazing how much has changed since the winter of 01 when i first found this forum via Arc Flashlights. I remember the luxeon star as the latest and greatest before being sidetracked by other events in life.

So amazing to come back and read all the new advancements. So thanks to hours and hours of reading, i'm well on my way to knowing what i want in my new light.

Now i need your help!

First, CREE XRE Q2-Q3

I'm not sure what color code yet.

I want to run the LED at 500mah, seems to work out to over 1.5watts right? From what i read, its a matter of cooling at that point.

I know AAA can't handle this, however, a good double AA with some strong Nimh's, anyone have some ideas?

I like the size of the surefire L4-L5.

I'm looking at around 100-200 for a modded light.

Anyone care to post up some pictures of available offerings?

So to round up:

CREE XRE Q2 or Q3
Two Stage Drive, 75/500 mah
Hopefully a (2) AA Nimh setup (or something else you can suggest)
Size and build similar to a Surefire L4-L5
$100-$200 budget.

As much as i'd love to think i can mod my own light, i'm much rater be impressed with something someone on this form has come up with love and ingenuity.

Let this also stand as a prompt to let ideas fly on one off lights people have been cooking up. I don't mind providing upfront cost for specialty supplies.

IF YOU HAVE the stock / ability, i'm very interested to see what we can cook up.:grin2:

-Alex

Last edited: