Huntlight + Seoul P4 U-bin

chanamasala

Enlightened

U-bin Luxeon on burst with Flupic:

Seoul U-bin at normal Huntlight current:

I don't know how to keep camera settings the same other than no flash so I think it exaggerates the difference a bit. But the Seoul beats it no probs. More flood light with it. XOish tint. It is quite an improvement.

Last edited:

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
Nice job. Did you have to change anything to the reflector? What about the slug of the SSC LED..did it need any electrical isolation?

Thanks!

MatajumotorS

Enlightened
chanamasala said:

U-bin Luxeon on burst with Flupic:

Seoul U-bin at normal Huntlight current:

I don't know how to keep camera settings the same other than no flash so I think it exaggerates the difference a bit. But the Seoul beats it no probs. More flood light with it. XOish tint. It is quite an improvement.

Have you beamshot of p4 on white wall at a 2-4 meters? Did you cut down the reflector a bit?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one of my future mods. My only issue is the stock emitter, board, and wires are all non-polarized. I have to figure out which contact is +, and when it's disassembled it's hard to hook to the batteries.

What's up with the stock emitter, I though all Luxeon emitters have a polarizing notch? The little flat stumps are both smooth, there is no anode/cathode mark as the spec sheet shows.

ROVER

Newly Enlightened
Consider the way Lumileds made the leads different for the minimag leds also. Those aren't normal either. I just take two wires and give the led a little bit of power and see which way it lights up to see which side is which--then mark the wires.

Nice mod. Can we have some more action shots please:)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:
That's one of my future mods. My only issue is the stock emitter, board, and wires are all non-polarized. I have to figure out which contact is +, and when it's disassembled it's hard to hook to the batteries.

What's up with the stock emitter, I though all Luxeon emitters have a polarizing notch? The little flat stumps are both smooth, there is no anode/cathode mark as the spec sheet shows.

FYI

These are luxeon emitters, but they use the wider tab for electrical connections, so the place where they usually define the cathode/emitter is not polarized like it normally is.

To determine which connection is (+), I hooked up 4 AA batteries in series and connected them to the pill with small test leads with alligator clips to power the emitter.

While trying not to blind myself, I hooked up a digital voltmeter. If the voltage reading in the display is positive, then I mark the pad where I had the red voltmeter lead with a (+).