L1D instructions

Kurzon

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Fenix L1D-CE in the mail, but it seems I've lost the instruction leaflet without having read it. Could any other owners of this fine mini-light fill me in on how to operate it fully? How do I switch between the settings? Also, I managed to turn the strobe mode on, but now I can't shut it off permanently: every other time I switch on the light, it goes immediately into strobe mode. How do I switch it off permanently?

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
Click the light on with a full press until you hear an audible click.
lightly press the clicky and release to change between modes.
Slightly loosen the head of the light to enter general mode. Tighten all the way for "turbo" mode.

Kurzon

Newly Enlightened
Cheers!

After experimenting a bit, I've found that if you switch it off, then switch it on again after under a few seconds, it switches to strobe mode. To avoid this you must wait a while after switching it off before turning it back on (say, 5 seconds).

whc

Enlightened
Instructions from www.fenix-store.com

Operation
Fully press to switch on and turn the bezel to select the General Mode or the Turbo Mode. A soft-press anytime while the light is on will change the brightness levels of a certain mode. Keep the light off for over 2 seconds, the light will turn completely off, and the regulative circuit will be restored.

carrot

Flashaholic
Unscrew the bezel slightly to enter general mode. In general mode you can switch between levels by gently depressing the tailcap switch (but not clicking it!) and you'll go between low --> med --> high --> SOS. This cycles, so if you press the switch again in SOS it will go back to low. Tighten the bezel to go to turbo mode, where gently depressing the tailcap will change between turbo and strobe. Leave the light off for 1.5-2 seconds and the light will reset, forgetting the last level it was on, but not the mode (general / turbo).