Ultrafire 3.7 Charger question???

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
I just received my 3.7 Ultrafire charger from Dealextreme, A great deal for 8.95. It seems to be working well, I just charged two 14500's and I'm starting to charge a 18650. I noticed that with the 18650 the LED on the charger is flashing a green burst during the steady red light. Does anyone know what the flashing green and solid red LED means? I didn't pay attention when I was charging the othwr batteries so I might have missed it then... The charger came with no written directions so I have no idea what the flashing green means.

Thanks for the help..
heli

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it would be bad form to ask AW for help on a product that you bought from another supplier, but he's my go-to guy on LiIon info.

LowTEC

Enlightened
I agree, AW is the only guy I will deal with in terms of batteries, although you might find other vendors selling the batteries for a slightly lower price, AW make it up with ultra fast shipping and hassle free purchase, like he mails everyday; unlike other vendors, which usually take them a few days before heading to the post office.

doc_felixander

Newly Enlightened
The circuit checks voltage at open load every second or so, that's why it's flashing. No need to worry, it's completely normal.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I bought one too. The light flashed green just like the OP's. I agree with Doc's interpretation. As it neared full charge the light stayed green for longer and longer amounts of time. It finally stayed green.

Daniel

mdocod

Flashaholic
the one I got from AW doesn't flash any green during charging, but you can see the red "dim" for a fraction of a second every few seconds during charging. Seems to work fine...

I *think* there may be a few variations of these ultrafire chargers, so behaviors may vary.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys.....

It seems like a good little charger for the money, I was using my Duratrax Ice charger before I bought this...