Im impressed with pelican!

ghostguy6

Enlightened
So this weekend the switch on my M6 2330 crapped out on me leaving me to carry my 2D maglite while im working the floor. I called Pelican roughly at 10:30 this morning to have a replacement sent which they said would be no problem and one would be on its way soon. Here it is just after 3:30 and not one, but 2 switches arrived as well as a 2AA MityLite Plus. I have never had any company honor their warranty that fast and without any questions at all. Im really impressed with Pelican for getting the switches out to me so fast. A thanks to Pelican! :goodjob:

Torch_Dork1

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you had such a good experience with Pelican. I have been looking at some of their products and may see owning one in the near future. Thanks for the post it actually gave me more confidence in considering buying one or perhaps more of their lighting instruments.

tussery

Enlightened
Yeah Pelican has great customer service even with their cases I completly destoryed one of their cases and sent them the broken pieces and received a new case.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a question on Pelican cases.

What is a good model for protecting a few flashlights? I suppose one wouldn't need a case with a lot of depth (vertical dimension), but a case with reasonable length and even more width would be best.

Any specific suggestions, especially from people who have bought and used different models?

And, just to make sure the bases are all covered, are there any competitors to Pelican that one should look at, especially given how expensive these Pelican cases are?

TIA

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
My pelican M6 switch has crapped out on me 4 and 2 times now. 4 times on one of them and 2 on the other. Pelicans service is awesome but it does not matter if their switches are junk. I am sorry to ramble but I am tired of these switches taking a s**t and pelican not doing anything to improve their quality. Save that extra switch, you will need it soon.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
I, myself like cases that are flat and not alot of depth. Try browsing through www.pelican.com and hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

http://www.casesbymasco.com/cases/pelican/index.asp?bhcp=1 provides alot of cases of different brands that might also be worth looking at. Not sure about the warranty on other brands though.

flashy bazook said:

What is a good model for protecting a few flashlights? I suppose one wouldn't need a case with a lot of depth (vertical dimension), but a case with reasonable length and even more width would be best.

Any specific suggestions, especially from people who have bought and used different models?

And, just to make sure the bases are all covered, are there any competitors to Pelican that one should look at, especially given how expensive these Pelican cases are?

TIA

ghostguy6

Enlightened
FireFighter05 said:
My pelican M6 switch has crapped out on me 4 and 2 times now. 4 times on one of them and 2 on the other. Pelicans service is awesome but it does not matter if their switches are junk. I am sorry to ramble but I am tired of these switches taking a s**t and pelican not doing anything to improve their quality. Save that extra switch, you will need it soon.
Actually i just took the old switch apart and found out what the problem is, a simple drop of super glue should fix the problem so I now have 3 working switches:laughing:

ghostguy6

Enlightened
The switch had black rubber. If you fully disassemble the switch you will find a tiny spring, all i had to do was glue it to the circuit board so it stayed in place. I clicked the repaired switch constantly until my thumb got sore and it didnt jam up on me once.

Flashlight Enthusiast
pelican is great for getting replacment parts, i broke my lense to my nemo 8c dive light and they sent me a new lense free of charge and took aonly a few days

coontai

Newly Enlightened
People sometimes forget that Pelican was one of the first (if not THE first) high-end flashlight manufacturer. They have some of the best customer service and warranty in the business. I am only a little disappointed that they struggle to keep up ie cree. Still, they still dominate and set the standards in some fields ie big d, any of there cases.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashy bazook said:

TIA

I'm using this:-

73255624.TA5y2dOu._D2H5966.jpg

Micro series 1040 which fits my L1 and E1L and a couple of spares. 1 comment only, it has got no locking ability. Total cost of light 99+115=$214 and I paid $25 for the case which I think its worth it.

Pelican :twothumbs

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Pelicans cases seems like it was designed for equipment protection in mind and very little consideration about security.

2cents

jumpstat said:
I'm using this:-

73255624.TA5y2dOu._D2H5966.jpg

Micro series 1040 which fits my L1 and E1L and a couple of spares. 1 comment only, it has got no locking ability. Total cost of light 99+115=$214 and I paid $25 for the case which I think its worth it.

Pelican :twothumbs

tussery

Enlightened
AtomSphere said:
Pelicans cases seems like it was designed for equipment protection in mind and very little consideration about security.

2cents
The smaller cases yes. Their larger cases have places where you can put locks and some of the largest ones have metal reinforcement around the lock holes.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
tussery said:
The smaller cases yes. Their larger cases have places where you can put locks and some of the largest ones have metal reinforcement around the lock holes.

Yea but its easily bypassed with getting cheap and right tools... :)