• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND: HDS 18650 tube

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Title says it all, lookin to buy a HDS 18650 tube. (Not to be confused with the 2 x 123 tube!)

Thanks for lookin, and PM me if ya have one you wanna sell. Payment will be made by cash PP.

Last edited:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: HDS 18650 tube

What.....you mean this?

hds18650fp8.jpg

:grin2: WP

Led_Blind

Enlightened

That is doable, just use the the switch from your existing tube. The only sticking point will be the internal contact spring :)

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

If someone does, I'm all over it. I can't imagine how long it must run on high w/ an 18650. Okay it'll probably be about 4x, but man, that's awesome.

DM51

Flashaholic

I got one of the last of these that Lighthound had. That was on Dec 30th, and it was $90 plus S&H which was a lot, but in retrospect it was worth it. You get about four times the run-time, and of course it's free lumens.

If you find one now, I think you'd have to pay quite a lot more $$$ - people who have them don't want to part with them now they know the upcoming HDS line won't be compatible.

Someone could make a tidy business turning out these 18650 tubes (and the 2x123 ones). I'm sure a lot of HDS owners would go for them.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

DM51 said:
If you find one now, I think you'd have to pay quite a lot more $$$ - people who have them don't want to part with them now they know the upcoming HDS line won't be compatible.

I think it would be the opposite. If the upcoming HDS line was compatible with the 18650 tube, the demand for this tube would increase. So I don't think that this should have a bearing on the price....in fact it may go the other way as people unload their old HDS equipment to make way for the new.

WP

DM51

Flashaholic

The upcoming line will have its own tubes. People didn't hurry to buy old tubes because they figured more would be made for the new line. Now they know the new ones won't fit the existing lights, so what exists now is all there's going to be – and there aren't enough to satisfy demand.

hord

Newly Enlightened
I have two of the tubes and I am willing to part with one of them... but I have already offered it to Tebore with a 10day decision period still remaining. But if he decides that he doesn't want it and you haven't found one by then we can start some deal making! It is based in Australia at the moment though!

I must adimt I ended up with two by accident and neither of them have seen any time on my HDS's... I tend to like the small form factor & just carry several extra RC123's on me if its going to be an epic adventure!

Just thought I would give you some (distant) hope:whistle:

Cheers Harvey

EDIT: That will teach me to answer the phone mid-post! It looks like Tebore will be the new owner as well!

Last edited: