SG TCP Optimizer

coppertrail

Enlightened
I wanted to share this as I was amazed by the results. Before using this util, the browsing/download speeds on my wireless laptop were terrible. I figured it was just the signal and wireless noise in the air.

Download SG TCP Optimizer

The results were amazing and Its like I have a brand new PC. Here's what I did:
  1. Launched the executable
  2. Set the connection speed slider to my max download speed through my ISP (In my case, 7Mbps)
  3. Selected my Wireless Adapter in the network adapter selection drop down menu
  4. Clicked the "Optimal Settings" radio button at the bottom of the main screen, and clicked the Apply settings button.
  5. Rebooted my machine for the settings to take effect.
Again, I didn't have high hopes for this util, but I was amazed by the improvements I saw. If you're not happy with your broadband speed, or simply want to get the most out of it, I recommend giving this utility a shot.

Note: As soon as you launch the util, it will create a back up of your current settings before you change anything. You can also manually back up your settings by clicking the File - Backup Current Settings.

The settings files are saved in the same directory in which the executable is located (.spg files).

I hope this helps some of you as much as it's helped me. I haven't even installed this on my hard wired machines yet :)