Modded Elly beamshots...*UPDATE*

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took some beamshots of fellow forum member Aepocs' lights last night. Our main purpose was to get some shots of his modded Elly's, as well as meter them for output and lux. He has one Elly with a Seoul USWOH and optic, and one with a Cree P4 with a reflector from an A19-XRE from the Shoppe. Both lights are being driven at 932ma with a wiz board, powered by a single 14500 cell.

Output:
Seoul Elly: ~130 lumens out the front
Cree Elly: ~130 as well

Lux @ 1 meter:
Seoul Elly: ~2200lux
Cree Elly: ~3200lux

Now for some beamshots...and for comparison I will toss in a shot of his T-binned PD on high, as well as his Kroma on high/white.

Kroma:
Kroma.jpg

McluxIII-PD high:
PD-Tbin.jpg

Elly Seoul:
EllySSC.jpg

Elly Cree P4:
EllyCREE.jpg

Overall, both Elly's are VERY impressive. We especially like the Cree version better, because of both tint and beam pattern(reflector vs. optic). For some strange reason, the Seoul in his Elly is a bit more blue than the other Seouls he had...must have just been a bad egg
ohgeez.gif

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Modded Elly beamshots...nice results!

nanotech17 said:
For the Elly with SSC P4 which optic has been used for this beamshot?

I will wait for Aepoc to answer that question :popcorn:

vetkaw63

Enlightened

What is the run time on these lights? Was that 932 at the battery or emitter?
Thanks,
Mike

Aepoc

Enlightened

nanotech17 said:
For the Elly with SSC P4 which optic has been used for this beamshot?

I got this optic from photonfanatic. I believe it is the 25mm optic (PLO28) displayed in this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154195

It is the one with the three stilts that sit in the holes on the star. You will see when you look at the pics. I had to sand the stilts down so that the optic would sit right on the emitter.

Aepoc

Enlightened

vetkaw63 said:
What is the run time on these lights? Was that 932 at the battery or emitter?
Thanks,
Mike

The 932ma is the current that Wizard2 circuit sends to the LED. When I measured the current at the LED it was slightly over an amp. This is a buck and boost circuit so it should be close to the same amperage throughout its runtime.

Aepoc

Enlightened

nanotech17 said:
That A19-XRE and the wizkid driver is pricey :D
But the feeling is remarkable :)

Yeah, they were both pretty pricy. Adding to the already high price (for a $5 light) the XR-E has three red Tritium vials behind the lens. The diameter of the A19 reflector is a bit too small so there is some extra space which the Trit vials fit nicely in. I will try to get a picture but the red is very dim so it might not come out. Maybe someday there will be some green vials in stock.

My estimate for how much I dropped on the Cree: $60 (the A19 reflector was free)

The light is so easy to mod. Maybe I got a little carried away but I had a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy your mod nanotech and I hope I helped.

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update with more pictures.....

Here are Aepoc's Elly brothers:
ellys.jpg

Elly Cree P4:
ellycree1.jpg

Elly Seoul:
ellyseoul1.jpg

Here is a shot of the tritium in the Cree Elly, with his PD along side it and my watch on top :)

10sec shutter with light on in closet:
tritium1.jpg

Same camera settings, but light off:
tritium2.jpg

NickBose

Enlightened
This looks very similar to the Elly.
It must be the same light but with a Cree Q2 and a 5-mode tail cap.
I just ordered it from KaiDomain.

633221450228905000.jpg

Aepoc

Enlightened
First of all... sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I have ben busy with school starting back up again...

I bought the wiz2 boards from the sandwichshoppe. It looks like they are out of stock but with some searching you can find the purchase button. The board was a bit small for the existing hole so I had to improvise with some silicone to get it to fit. I would recommend a board the same size as the stock elly. I wish my tailcap had more modes. Mine are both on their ways out.