Help needed in building lamp assembly for SureFire 9P

NAW

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

For several months now I have had a dead P60 lamp assembly and yesterday I decided to mod it using a WA1160 & a slightly bigger & deeper reflector. I thought the bigger reflector may be able to collimate the light into a decent beam. Unfortunateley the reflector just wasn't big enough to focus the light and the beam came out sort of unfocused.

IMGP0326.jpg

I'm interested in rebuilding my lamp assembly & I am interested in a Incandescent bulb that is around 200 lumens (and can be fired by two rechargeable 17500 batteries) & is a bi-pin. Also I'm interested in a reflector close to the size of Surfire's & is smooth. I realize this will result in a not so clean beam, but I would like to see how it would work.

Any suggestions?
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

lexina

Enlightened
I guess the problem with the D26 assembly is that it would prob only work well with small-diameter bulbs typically T 1.5 which rules out quite a number of our favourite hot-wire bulbs.

Timson

Enlightened
I recon the Carley 1499 would be the best lamp for the job....Should give you a genuine 200 torch lumens.

Tim.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
How about polishing a working P91's reflector? This would involve removig the SF deposited vapor coating but you could polish the aluminum underneath. Just got to figure out how to protect the bulb.