Poor mans porcupines?

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
What I'm wondering is are there any lights out there that don't have the enormous price tag of the surefire porcupines that still feature a crenelated sp? bezel or strike bezel? Or are there bezels available separately that are aggressive and fit common light threads. I think that a awesome porcipine style bezel would work great to spice up the hum-drum look of a Maglite 2d.
Anybody got any info on this.

easilyled

Flashaholic
If you search for Kiu bezels and modamag bezels you will find some
exotic looking alternatives to screw onto Mags.

You can also concoct something akin to a SF porcupine by using
a PEU's pineapple body with an Aleph1-head and an agressive Ti-bezel ring
(from the Shoppe, TB, TNC or McGizmo)

However its not that easy these days to find Aleph-1 Heads or Ti-bezels.

They do come up from time to time on Custom B/S/T though.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like this?
pineapplewithhead.jpg

Definatly a poor mans porker.
Cool light though bright as hell.
Yaesumofo

What I'm wondering is are there any lights out there that don't have the enormous price tag of the surefire porcupines that still feature a crenelated sp? bezel or strike bezel? Or are there bezels available separately that are aggressive and fit common light threads. I think that a awesome porcipine style bezel would work great to spice up the hum-drum look of a Maglite 2d.
Anybody got any info on this.

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
Yes, But do any cheap flashlight's offer crenelated bezels, I just think it odd that nobody out there is making some bezels that would fit the most common flashlights to add a bit of a badass look to otherwise drab lights.

ensile

Enlightened
where do these retail?, i'd need at least one of those insane mordor looking mofoe's... they are no joke, if I can't buy one, there will be lathe action occuring.