46/47mm lens?

ianb

Enlightened
I'm looking for a 46/47mm lens for a build but cannot find one to suit the needs as yet. I have seen the Sandwich Shoppe has a 47mm lens but its 4mm thick! I'd prefer more ~2mm, any idea where I could get one? or where to look?

I've also contacted flashlightlens, although custom orders require a 100 minimum, any other ideas anyone?

thanks, Ian :)

Last edited:

ianb

Enlightened
Thanks LED Zeppelin, that glass one is good, I'd prefer glass to poly but being able to trim to size would be cool.

thanks, Ian :)

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ian, I just cut (2) 38mm lenses from the hardcoat poly. Works like a charm. I just traced an accurate guide on the protective liner, and it cut like butter with my scroll saw. I belt-sanded it to finish size, and both layers of liner stayed intact through the entire process.

Those I cut from 55mm double-sided hard coat lenses. I bought a couple one-sided hard coat lenses as spares. If you have trouble with your search, I can cut one for you. Just PM me and let me know the exact size I should shoot for.

ianb

Enlightened
I picked up a camera filter lens today the screw on kind, I bought a 49mm one and once I got the lens out it was 46mm and 2mm thick, perfect, so I've ordered a clear one and that should do the trick, thanks LED Z for your help.

Ian :)