Aftermarket 2-stage clickies for Huntlight Flashlights

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
edited to correct: Aftermarket 2-stage clickies for Huntlight Flashlights ????????

Greetings all!

Well I want to modify my Huntlight FT-01 and FT-02 switches with a 2-stage clickie, so I need your help in determining the proper model (if available)

Here are some pics of them

0970rs2.jpg

0974mi9.jpg

The FT-01 clickie uses a spacer that rides underneath the rubber bootie, and has a rim to mate in it.
Then there is the switch with a soldered spring, and a retainer that screws inside the tailcap aluminum body.

On the FT-02 things are a bit different. While there is a retainer and a removable spring, the rubber bootie cannot be removed, since it is kept by a fixed ring inserted by the tailcap exterior. (This is the bare metal ring at the tailcap top – see picture)

So in hope that someone has made such a mod or is well familiar with other aftermarket clickies, I have also taking measurements of the parts dimensions.

Here is the links to them...

Wish me luck, 'cos the FT-01 flashlight was purchased for being modded to the extreme!

Enjoy, Kostas

Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a thread, I think in the Custom/Mod forum, where someone is selling a clicky switch that has high and low for use with a Nuwai Q3. That may work, but that switch needs to be soldered to a PCB. It looks similar to the Huntlight switches though as the GND connection is made via a spring wire to the side of the tailcap housing the same way the Huntlight switches use those side tabs to make GND contact with the tailcap housing. The only problem would be finding a PCB that fits in the Huntlight tailcap. BUT, you could go to an electronics store (or online) and probably order a copper-clad board, cut it into the diameter/shape you need and mount the switch. It may not look pretty (depending on your skills), but it should work. Good luck and let us know how it goes. If you get it working, I'm sure there'd be interest from others for your mod.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well this is more of a bump....

Anyway, JSR thanks for the tip. problem is that it is too much trouble and time consouming for me to go to PCB work. Even if it is as glorious LOL as beeing the first guy to it!

enjoy, kostas