defective snowpeak ti frenchpress + dremel = ti bezel down surefire l1 clip.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
ok got bored and realized that i was never going to get arorund to fixin the frenchpress that i got at rei scratch and dent for 15 bucks so i thought id make something useful out of it.

the press is all of its ti glory.
SSL12118.jpg

the problem i didnt realize the hole was so big, theres the light shining out of it.
SSL12119.jpg

the aftermath. not to bad for me and a dremel and my jetboil stove for the flame treat.
SSL12129.jpg

i came up with this idea last year sitting in A&P class tihnking "i wish my l1 would go bezel down" came up with a plan of how to do it and its beein floating around in my head ever since then. and now its here. enjoy.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clever idea. I prefer bezel down orientation, too. Is your homebrew clip "springy" enough to stay closed?

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
kewl, looks like you have more than enough material left for some HDS clips.

Nice ide - I might have to check out some Ti camping cookware as a source for Ti ....

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clever idea. I prefer bezel down orientation, too. Is your homebrew clip "springy" enough to stay closed?

yeah, its maybe 1.5mm thick at best, but it works great so far, ive got plenty for 4 or 5 more, if some of you guys would like one, ill see what i could do, its pretty good and lets the light ride extremely low, like low as a PD does maybe a little lower.

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
kewl, looks like you have more than enough material left for some HDS clips.

Nice ide - I might have to check out some Ti camping cookware as a source for Ti ....

that press was $60 bucks new if you find one at a scratch and dent like i did its still to high for the material you get. i basically was like "hmm, this thing will be a total loss otherwise" so i started chopping.

theres another guy aorund that does much nicer work and better thickness for the HDS clip.