The SPRING in my Novatac does not fall out anymore... woo hoo

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Thats right fellow Novatac owners.

Very ugly but very effective fix... Just bend the spring a little and presto ;)

DSC00014-full.jpg

Warning warning don't blame me warning if you stuff warning yours up warning warning...

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something to ponder.....

It's now possible to apply excessive pressure on the plastic battery wrap and wear it down causing a short if there's enough battery or spring movement.

xiaowenzu

Banned
Oh my, I think I'll just keep mine nice and straight, but thanks for the 'interesting' concept.
Same here, lol :laughing: The Spring actually prevents the battery from rattling inside the light and is also an electrical conductor - so I think it's important to keep it straight! :)

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Same here, lol :laughing: The Spring actually prevents the battery from rattling inside the light and is also an electrical conductor - so I think it's important to keep it straight! :)

:confused: I hardly see how it is unable to make contact electrically... and- Take a close look at the pic, don't you think it will rattle less. (but then thats what I thought the piece of rubber in the cap was for :thinking: ) Quoted text - 'This spring coil doesn't prevent battery rattle though, that is done by the gray dome-shaped piece of rubber on the switch module.' --- If you like, click here to read the full review.

Don't do this to your light if it is a shelf queen, don't care about the spring falling out or don't want to risk damaging your spring. All I can say is that it works. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, I really wasn't trying to make light of your fix for that one quirk of the NovaTac light, and while I certainly can't see where it would have any kind of disruption on the signal path for the controls, I can't help but wonder... if this provides such an easy fix, then whey didn't NovaTac just do it to begin with, which then leads me to my own conclusion that maybe there is some reason for it being the way it is (zounds, that was a long sentence).

Anyway, what the heck, I'm glad it's working for you. :)