New Dorcy keychain LED review + discovery

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I recently picked up a dorcy keychain light at Kmart thinking it was a 1AAA design and it was $4 in 4 colors of clear plastic Rec,Blue,Green,Purple. When I got home I tried it out and was impressed but also dissapointed. It was bright and had a decent beam for a single 5mm LED but it used 3 button cell batteries that were rather tiny and uncommon in a weird cartridge. I looked at the head of the light and took out my UK2AAA incan and looked and they looked identical from all but the bulb/reflector end. I said.... maybe and yanked it out stuck it on the incan light and nothing happend. Thinking .. polarity I turned the batteries inside the light backwards and it worked!.... The head of this light is a lightly loose fit on my UK2AAA incan and LED versions. I ended up taking the reflector/led assembly out and put a layer of tape around the edge and traded out the incan reflector/lamp assembly for this one shoved in 2 lithium AAAs and have a nice light.
The Dorcy light was designed with a single AAA in mind so I modded it by taking a contact from a broken 2AAA pelican mitylight cutting it to replace the spring/contact assembly in the dorcy using the bulb spring from the same light and a nighteyez 2-6cell magled bulb I got from Target clearance I made a new light out of it that is a huge floody light very nice!

wish I could do pics..... don't buy this light if you don't want it for parts/modding the battery and direct drive make it short running and way too big.