Just got Olight T20 Q5

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I got my Olight yesterday and couldn't wait any longer for the batteries to arrive, so I spent the extra $ and went to Wal Mart to get some 123s today. I just tested it in a dark room (it's daytime right now), and wow that is bright. This is my 1st high performance light purchase, and I love it. It seems like it is built really well. The mulit mode scheme is really nice too, but it's going to be hard to resist using the high 205 lm mode. I'm glad I ordered a 10 pack of batteries. I wish I had other similar lights to compare it to like the Fenix P3D, and I also can't wait until the sun goes down so I can test it outside and see what types of throw it has. Overall, I love it already and know it will keep growing on me.

Thanks to this forum and everyone who gave me advice. You guys know your stuff.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Congratulations on the new light, I'm glad that you like it.

Maybe some rechargeable batteries if you plan on using the light a lot but 10 packs of batteries will last a while.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrads. I've had mine around two weeks. Love it. I also picked up the one Cell Fenix L2D. I like it also even though it is not as bright as the T20. Enjoy.

DanielG

Enlightened
I've been messing around with mine while the kiddos have been trick or treating :candle:

WOOHOO.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
One thing though, if I shake the light, I feel the batteries vibrating inside. Is this pretty normal? I'm thinking it's no big deal.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine does that too sometimes while I'm jogging in the late evening or at night. I hold it in my hand in case I have to light something up. Saved me from a skunk a couple of nights ago. Anyway If you shake the light up and down it should be perfectly quiet. If you shake it sideways the batteries will rattle a little bit because the battery tube has a larger diameter than the CR123 Batteries. I'm not sure if any of the rechargables are larger in diameter. That may be why the battery tube seems a little bigger than it needs to be for the CR123's. I know nothing about the rechargeable batteries. I have also noticed the battery tube seems tighter on my Fenix P2D. I don't think it affects the T20 at all though.

One thing for sure it will take a lot of abuse. Shaking that thing night after night and no hiccups.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Ok, I tested it out outside in the dark last night and I was very impressed. What a powerful little light! It is my first high performance light like I said, but I was surprised by the intensity and also the throw. I did not expect that throw from such a small light. I even liked the lowest setting because it will run for a long time and also the fact that you can stand it up on end. Very nice.

Last edited:

Phaetos

Enlightened
Went and looked at their website .. can someone please explain number 4 for me?

product name:T20-Q5 Product Description: 1.Cree Super Bright LED;
2.Unique digital circuit control technique;
3.Auto-remember the current bright level when power is off;
4.Humanized operation and anti-roll design;
5.Five bright levels and two SOS flash modes and strobe;
6.Low voltage warning(flash);
7.High strength structure design and water resistant;

Does that mean it was originally designed for monkeys or dogs or cats? :naughty:

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I think that was their translation for "ergonomic design" for gripping and operating. And the head and the tailcap have flats to keep it from rolling on a flat surface. I like mine very much also.
I did get the regular version of the T10 too. It's plenty bright as well, but since it's a little less grippy than the T20 and the switch is a little stiffer, it's not as "ergonomic". Still very nice though.

Last edited:

gopurple

Newly Enlightened
The Tube on the new T20 are made larger then needed for CR123As, I think it was a request from a lot of customers (mostly CPFers) to allow it to use with RCR123s, they are slighly larger diameter then non rechargeables. If the rattle is an issue, just put some tape around the battery. I think the best thing I like about the T20 is that it remember the last mode you set it on.

Chao

Enlightened
Congrats, T20 Q5 is a nice light, using 2XR123A can get 70 min runtime with very flat regulation like P3D did.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my T20 Q5.

I think humanized means that it is user friendly. I really like how the dimming works and remembers your setting.

Manufacturers usually make a little extra room for the batteries, cause there are rechargeables that are slightly different in size.

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
i plan on getting the either single cr123a or AA one for my brother...

i may just get a single cell AA for myself too as i have lost my long time fave, FenixL1P, to the nether dimension.... i already have a FenixP1 and a Fenix P3D... it would be interesting to see how the olight compare...

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
I am considering getting this light, trying to decide between the T20, T10, P3D, P2D and WE Sniper! One question I have is: can the twist function of the head be done with one hand while holding the light? Any comments/opinions on any one of the above over another?
BTW - TA_ls1..... one of my favorite cars!

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I have the T10 as my current EDC. Yes, without a doubt you can twist for different levels with one hand. The contact when tightening to drop the level is very easy. It doesn't require heavy effort like the contact of a normal twistie.