Video: 6 volt battery hack?

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
I got a email today with a video showing someone cutting open a 6 volt lattern battery and saying theyre 32 AA batteries inside and that its cheaper than buying AAs by themselves

has anyone seen this?

is this for real?

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
i watched the video more closely and you can tell a SHTTload of batteries fall out!
lol

mdocod

Flashaholic
already been discussed in 2 or 3 threads in the batteries/electronics section. It's a hoax. 6V lantern batteries contain 4 D or F size cells.

scottaw

Enlightened
If you need a bunch of AA's just go to your local sam's club or similar store, i buy 48 energizer max AA's for around $10. All their battery sizes are pretty cheap.

prof

Enlightened
My inlaws fell for this one and disassembled one...nope, no AAs. They have now been told it's a certain brand of lantern battery--walgreens, I believe.

I'd love to see how the AAs were wired together...

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
The propagation of this joke kinda makes you want to reach through the Internet, grab the people responsible and shake the living daylights out of them. :p

SenderGreen

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, seriously? I'll have to tell my manager this.. He's always griping that he can't find AAAA and his laser pointer uses 'em.
From what I have read most 9volt's contain layers of flat cells inside them. Only a few brands have the AAAA's inside them. You may have try many brands.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Nifty.... I'll have to let him know. He could probably order the AAAA's online, but he's a "get it in the store" kind of guy.

krautracer

Newly Enlightened
I needed some AAAA's real quick and remembered that about 6 of them in a 9 volt. Tore on apart and what do you know 6 little AAAA's fell out. I can't remember what manufacturer it was.