Pictures from recent trip (Surefire stuff)

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are 2 pictures i took in, of all places, a knife store in the small Danish community of Solvang, California. This place is a tourist attraction about 50 miles North of Santa Barbera (300 miles North from Los Angeles). It was wiered to find the ENTIRE freakin' line of Surefire non-recheargeables in this place when i can't even get an E2e in San Diego!
mad.gif

SO here is one BLURRY picture i took at 1/5 shutter speed that i COULD NOT hold still from all my exitement. This was my first time to see SO MANY Surefires in one spot! It was a small shop and i did not want to use my flash.

fdb6a34a.jpg

Here is another image from the end of the product display case. THE BIG BOYS! I got to hold the M4 with fresh batteries...i almost cried and peed in my pants. I don't know what bulb it used, but i was seein' spots after shining it on my hand and looking at it.

fdb6a359.jpg

MAN was that M4 BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT! SO is the price though.
mad.gif
But boy was I excited to find the entire product line in front of me! I walked into the knife shop just to look at knifes, hopefully to buy my first EDC knife. But as I looked around i saw an Inova X5, then a Streamlight Scorpion. I started to breath really heavy so I dropped my eyes to the floor to gain compusure and what do i see? SUREFIREs. I tell ya i almost fainted with a smile.

I saw the E2e up close in personal. They had BOTH the GM and HA AND the regular GM E2 side-by-side. They were selling the HA E2e for 82 dollars. I'd rather order online, but MAN was i tempted to buy one!

I think the M4 will be a definate purchase after the UltraStinger. THey are about the same size, but i still don't know if i can justify the battery costs. But it sure was pretty!!!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
P.S. Speaking of Surefire or Flashlight prices in general. After looking at some VERY beautiful knives, the money I spend on flashlights is about the same a knifeaholic would spend on a quality knife set.

I saw nice, possibly good EDC knives anywhere from 60 - 200 dollars. Hobbies are expensive aren't they? sheesh!

gb6491

Newly Enlightened
LEDagent,
Your pictures look pretty good. That wouldn't be the Nordic Knives shop by chance.
Solvang is a pretty place, I try to get up there for the custom knives show in April each year. Sounds like you had a good trip.
Regards,
Greg

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Agent

I do not think Solvang is 300 miles north of Los Angeles.... it's less than a 2 hour drive from the San Fernando Valley, so that is more like 110.

I have been to that knife shop many many many many times (I have more knives that lights, and at last count well over 100 lights)
smile.gif

Since you are in San Diego, try driving up to SureFire in Orange County. The have an entire wall displaying all the different lights.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gb6491:
LEDagent,
Your pictures look pretty good. That wouldn't be the Nordic Knives shop by chance.
Solvang is a pretty place, I try to get up there for the custom knives show in April each year. Sounds like you had a good trip.
Regards,
Greg
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES it IS Nordic Knives. I had forgot the name of the store. That place is a pretty town - I had a GREAT trip with my family up there. Hearst Castle is magnificant, if you ever get to see the place you'll know what i mean.

OH wait! I took a zillion pictures of the place. Should I post em here?

ANyway, Mr Ted Bear, i probably meant 300 miles from San Diego instead of Los Angeles. For some reason, when you start driving for more that 50 miles, 10 miles seems to take an eternity to travel, whereas 10 miles to get to work at home seems all too quick.

So you guys have been to that knife shop to eh? Small world. The guy showing me the lights probably knew i was one of "those geeks" huh? We should make bussiness cards to hand out so we don't look so dorky when we ask for flashlights.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
... all my exitement. This was my first time to see SO MANY Surefires in one spot! ... I tell ya i almost fainted with a smile. ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LEDagent, I know the feeling. But now, the one place that sold SF's in London only stocks a couple of models. (At truly outrageous!! prices.)

What made you decide on the M4 instead of the M6 though ?

lightlover

Ps - Only a true light-freak would visit a tourist attraction and then post "Pictures from recent trip (Surefire stuff)"

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
LEDagent, I know the feeling. But now, the one place that sold SF's in London only stocks a couple of models. (At truly outrageous!! prices.)

What made you decide on the M4 instead of the M6 though ?

lightlover

Ps - Only a true light-freak would visit a tourist attraction and then post "Pictures from recent trip (Surefire stuff)"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did i choose the M4 (to look at - i didn't buy it) over the M6? Because the M6 didn't have any batteries in them.
mad.gif
THe vendor told me that they didn't want to put that many batteries into one flashlight...four was enoegh.
grin.gif

How much are Surefires going for in your area?

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire Prices in the UK?

Without having up-to-the-minute confirmation, to work out how much a SureFire will retail for in the UK, do the following:

Find the most expensive USA retail price.
(I suppose we can now use the SureFire website price maybe?) [anyway...]
Add about a third.
Swap the $ sign for a £ sign.
Then convert back to Dollars.
Add 1-2 months for it to arrive from the USA.

Not that I'm bitter about it, but I'd rather have a kick in the teeth then have to pay UK prices...
mad.gif

Al
confused.gif