Max Flex wiring help

buschpounder

Newly Enlightened
I recently received the max flex to use in a m@g mod. I have been reading the online manual but I'm not sure how to wire in the Stat pin. I don't want to use a red/amber LED. I want to use the the Cree's. My question is how do I wire in he stat pin if I want to use the cree's for low voltage warning? Do I use a jumper wire from the stat pin to the LED + pin? Thanks for you time. Busch

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the user does not want to wire a status LED to the STAT pin but still wants an indication of low voltage occurring, then the main LED(s) can be set to flash at a specific interval to give a visual warning. The main LED(s) will flash off for 0.1seconds, long enough to warn the user, but short enough that the user can ignore the warning (in an emergency) and continue to use the light.​

Initially the LED will be Dim to indicate that one flash per second will be chosen. See the table below for all available settings.​
  1. • 0 click (dim) → Main LED(s) flash once per 1 sec (undervoltage) - default
  2. • 1 click (brighter) → Main LED(s) flash once per 5 sec (undervoltage)
  3. • 2 click (brighter) → Main LED(s) flash once per 10 sec (undervoltage)
  4. • 3 click (brighter) → Main LED(s) flash once per 30 sec (undervoltage)
  5. • 4 click (brighter) → Main LED(s) flash once per 60 sec (undervoltage)
  6. • 5 click (goes off) → No Main LED(s) flash for undervoltage
Read chapter [FONT=Arial,BoldItalic]10.7 of the manual:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic]http://www.taskled.com/leds/maxflex_ui.pdf
[/FONT]

Last edited:

buschpounder

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Aircraft, I was thinking I had to wire the stat pin. I just have to program the max flex when using the main led's.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Problem, I have been doing a lot of reading up on it, and I asked myself the same question. My maxFlex should be here today and I'll be wiring it also :grin2: