Space Needle rec'd (PICS!!)

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Space Needle rec\'d (PICS!!)

I played with Spaceneedle. Whoa this really kicka$$ so bright. Cheer for Mr Bulk! Mr Bulk, You did excellent job and It's so beautiful design. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy the pics!

spaceneedle1.jpg

spaceneedle2.jpg

spaceneedle3.jpg

spaceneedle4.jpg

spaceneedle5.jpg

spaceneedle6.jpg

spaceneedle7.jpg

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Re: Space Needle rec\'d (PICS!!)

it does kick *** =), too bad mines not as bright as i expected.... my Q3VW 2C is a tad brighter

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

I am been play toy of the space needle flashlight. It sure enought bright entire living room EASY!!

crackerjack

Newly Enlightened

Got mine today,Super bright,very white, a lot of throw, one clean mod. = winner. Thanks again Charlie

ufokillerz

Enlightened

a crappy pic i took, have to tinker around with my camera settings a bit to get it right next time
mag2CvsG2.jpg

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

awesome so whiter than SF G2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

What ever Charlie comes read this thread. You are champ!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks, Guys! I am wondering why these beams lately all look so blue-green in pics, even my own pics (and I am using my same old beat up Mavica). They sure look pure white in person.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it's just the CDDs interpretation of its spectrum. I'm pretty sure if someone took a polariod of the beamshots or a regular camera, it'll show much better color rendition.

If you have a delayed or timed exposure, the light should be better rendered.

Some digicams actually can't distinguish outside (sunshine) light versus artificial light (bulbs), so the colors come out in a blue hue... The Sony DSC-F707 I have has a color exposure feature that allows you to shift from artifical to natural light, and this means the difference between pure white for an LED in natural light exposure to violet blue for it in artificial light exposure.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Ahhh, thanks for the explanation Choua. We also have a new Sony DSC-P71 we got for Christmas that nobody had the guts to take off the "Auto" mode yet, will this camera do the same manual adjustment as you described?

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

OHHHH camera issue. I used AUTO and make sure turn off the flash. It look perfect natural color. You can see my picture.

--- blue-green?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I dont see any blue-green at all. It's total so white.

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Thanks, Guys! I am wondering why these beams lately all look so blue-green in pics, even my own pics (and I am using my same old beat up Mavica). They sure look pure white in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Banshee

Enlightened

received mine yesterday..VERY nice....

the barrel of the M*glight had a small piece of masking tape on it with the letter "R" on it. Does this represent something I should know about..Like "rare" or "repair"?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Banshee

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie,

That's a great camera to have. 3.2MPixels... And it runs on NiMH! That's something I wish my FC-707 could do!

I think on your P71, you've got 5 modes of white/color balance...:

1)Auto
2)Cloudy
3)Daylight
4)Flourescent
5)Incandescent

The Flourescent mode should be the one to get the best color rendition of white LED shots, but you should try going through all of the modes. This feature should help balance color within a shot.

You should also play with the Twilight/Portrait/Landscape feature, as I think this adjusts exposure/aperture intake as well... You'll love the night shots with this guy!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received my Space Needle last night too!

As much as I want to start a new thread, I will keep the threads down.

Let me just say, WOW! Charlie even does the "little" things right, the box still appeared to be factory sealed, and the light had 3 batteries. Nice touch! Most flashlights say "batteries not included!"

The physical light was VERY SUPRISINGLY a very well designed light, and fit very nicely in the hand. I had never seen a Mag-Lite 2C light before, but it has the look and feel of a Streamlight Stinger HP. A little big, but still can be placed in the pocket, and can be carried for hours in the hand, without feeling like you are carrying around a big club.

Also, I am a "clickie tailcap" fan, but I was very suprised on how natural it felt to activite the light with the side switch button, that Mag is so famous for. Because this light is soo small, it fits very nicely in your hand "javelin" style, (as opposed to "sword" style), and the rubber button rests naturally under one of your fingers. The switch was my biggest concern, but turned out to be a non issue! Very comfortable to carry and activate this Mag 2C light. Other Mod'ders should take not of this! The Mag 2C is a nice host body!

AND this light has "punch power". No little LED "glow" for this light, it cuts through the night! WHITE, BRIGHT, and TIGHT!

Another nice suprise, was that, when focusing the mag to a "flood" position, it became a useful flood light. Not like a Mag, where the flood light really sucks so bad, you would never actually use the light that way. The floodlight did have some variations, but not bad at all.

Even I have to remind myself, that my Space Needle (And NexNeedle too) are actually LED lights! They are just very bright, and the Space Needle really does a nice job of punching the light a long way, but with decent ambient light, so you do NOT have just a pencil thin beam with no surrounding light. There is PLENTY of surrounding light, as shown by the nice pictures taken above.

VERY NICE CHARLIE.

So, what did yall think of my catchey phrases?

"WHITE, BRIGHT, and TIGHT"?
OH, I could have said (and this is ALSO very true of the Space Needle)
"WHITE, BRIGHT, and TIGHT, with lots of MIGHT!"

and the very descriptive way to hold a flashlight,
"javilin" style
or
"Sword" style!

rc

Newly Enlightened

Got mine too and the beam it throws is incredibly bright and white! The light is also surprisingly lightweight and the 2C body is perfectly balanced in the hand. It's a work of art, Charlie! Great job!

Ralph

ledlurker

Enlightened

I have a couple of comparison pics, but have never posted pictures before. Is there a free site to post pics or would somebody be willing to post for me?

My comparison was with the Space Needle, Legend LX and a mag4C with a xenon lamp.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

free website usually lousy bandwidth. I can host your pics on my website if you want. Let me know

[ QUOTE ]
led-lurker said:
I have a couple of comparison pics, but have never posted pictures before. Is there a free site to post pics or would somebody be willing to post for me?

My comparison was with the Space Needle, Legend LX and a mag4C with a xenon lamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

led-lurker -- got your pics. I dont know 2 of the flashlight. Can you tell me what 2 of (3 and 5) pictures. Look bottom of the pictures.

Here the picture.
led-lurker's flashlight beamshot webpage

1. Day time golf field
daylighttargets.jpg

2. How dark is it.
targetambientlights.jpg

3. Legend LX
legend-lxs.jpg

4. maglite 4C with a 4 cell xenon.
mag4cwith4cellxenons.jpg

5. Space Needle 5 watts luxeon
spaceneedles.jpg

StevieRay

Enlightened
Slightly off topic

Anyone having to scroll left and right to read these threads.
I have noticed this in several threads. Some fit the screen fine.
Others you have to scroll left/right.

ledlurker

Enlightened
the back yard shots with Space Needle

the 3rd pic is a maglite 4C with a 4 cell xenon

the 5th pics is the target at night. just to show how dark it is.

I am going to try the 75 yard shot another time since they did not turn out well. The Space Needle put out so much light that the spill light was lighting up the grass on other objects before getting to the target.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Re: Slightly off topic

yes we have to scroll left and right due to the pictures being shown the way they were meant to be =) full SIZE