Are most other LED torches Made in China/Taiwan

Albinoni

Banned
Apart from the brands made in the US like Surefire and Maglite are most other torches like Deerelight, Tiablo etc made in China and also is there other US/European manufactueres now making their torches in China where labour is cheaper.

Zenster

Enlightened
I think you're going to have to go on a hunt of Indiana Jones proportions in order to find a flashlight that's not made in China other than the occasional "custom" operation such as ElektroLumens and other's like him.

All mass production is pretty much being done in China now (I think even Maglite has moved some parts production to China but I am NOT sure of that, so don't use my comment to start any unfounded rumors).
Of course, the one notable exception to the above is Surefire which is an exception rather than the rule, and at the prices you see Surefires sell for, you can see why China has become the new manufacturing capital of the world. Which is too bad.

Albinoni

Banned
I think you're going to have to go on a hunt of Indiana Jones proportions in order to find a flashlight that's not made in China other than the occasional "custom" operation such as ElektroLumens and other's like him.

All mass production is pretty much being done in China now (I think even Maglite has moved some parts production to China but I am NOT sure of that, so don't use my comment to start any unfounded rumors).
Of course, the one notable exception to the above is Surefire which is an exception rather than the rule, and at the prices you see Surefires sell for, you can see why China has become the new manufacturing capital of the world. Which is too bad.

As far as I know, all Maglites I've seen and the two I own are made in the US, but again who knows, they could be made in the US by Chinese labourers/migrants.

At the end of the day I dont care where its made providing the finish product is a good product and the quality control is good, thats what counts.

arty

Enlightened
Maglite uses some foreign parts, but states that they assemble in the U.S.
In addition to Surefire, Novatac says made in the U.S.A on the light.
Peak is made in the U.S. as is ARC.
I don't know about other manufacturers.
My Streamlights are made overseas.