• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: KL4 w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Proto Boost Con.!! **$160/Includes Free Glo-Toob!**

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

KL4-3Small.jpg

KL4-2Small.jpg

KL4-1Small.jpg

I am offering a KL4 head that has been recently remodded with a SSC P4 emitter. This head was originally modded by ARC Mania with a proprietary/experimental boost converter to drive the LED at 1.1 amps from a single CR123 primary. The runtime on the light is 45-50 minutes continuous. The boost circut has a min input of 2.4 volts and max input of 3.1 volts, so the light should only be powered by a single 123 primary cell ONLY!

If you like stock KL4s, you will love this light. More pronounced hot spot that gradually fades into the corona. No definition between hot spot and corono, just gentle graduation to corona. Very bright and white. Based upon SSC chart this emitter and boost circut configuration should easily be putting out more than 200 lumens!

Information from MJ's original sales thread here: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98120

Light is in perfect condition aside from a very minor knick in the anodizing where the lower and mid sections of the head assembly come together. Not really noticible but it is there.

ASKING $225, Shipped Priority Mail CONUS. International buyers, please add $5 for GPM service.

***Last Price Drop, NOW ONLY $160, Shipped CONUS***

I will also throw in a green Glo-Toob modded by Sigman to whomever takes the light. Here's a pic!!

cpfglotoobsale6kv.jpg

Conditions:
1) First person to post "I'll take it" here in this thread takes priority.

2) Payment must be made via Paypal only. If you simply cannot pay by Paypal, please contact my privately and I can try to work something out on a case-by-case basis.

3) Pricing listed above includes shipping as indicated and I will accept CC payments. However, all Buyers must add 3% to the priced indicated to cover PayPal fees.

4) Shipping: For all items priced under $50 dollars the cost includes First Class shipping with DC. All items priced over $50 dollars the cost will include Priority Mail shipping with DC. In either case, the price does not include insurance or other mailing services. If you would like changes to your shipping (upgrades, insurance, signature confirmation, etc.) please PM me to work out any additional costs. I will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.

5) The Buyer is hereby asked to remit to my PM subsequent any post of "I'll take it" within 24 hours. Several recent incidents have put me in a difficult and unwanted postion of being between an unresponsive buyer and the next individual in line. So I am asking you now, that if you cannot respond within 24 hours, please indicate in the thread publically or PM me of your intentions. Communication is king! If I do not hear from you, I will simply relist the item as "still available". No hard feelings.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Modded KL4 Head w/ SSC P4 Emitter, ArcMania Proto Boost Circut! **$ drop**

Bump with a Price Drop!

MSax

qarawol

Enlightened
Re: F/S: Modded KL4 Head w/ SSC P4 Emitter, ArcMania Prototype Boost Converter!!

I'll Take It!

Pending answer to PM.

Njoy.,..

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Modded KL4 Head w/ SSC P4 Emitter, ArcMania Prototype Boost Converter!!

PM Replied.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Modded KL4 Head w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Prototype Boost Con.!! **PICS ADDED**

Pics Added!!

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Modded KL4 Head w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Prototype Boost Con.!! **PICS ADDED**

Still waiting to hear back from qarawol.:grin2:

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, well I hate to do this, but I have not heard back from qarawol for well over 24 hours now. So as discussed in condition No. 5 in the first post of this thread, this light is still available.

Also, I will sweeten the deal a bit by adding a modified GloToob to whomever takes the head. This Glotoob was originally modified by Sigman. It was beadblasted to give a nice even glow. Its a greenie model and here's a quick pick....

cpfglotoobsale6kv.jpg

Its the one on the right.

OK. So we're back to the start. The KL4 head is officially still available.

MSax

BassMan

Newly Enlightened

PM incoming....

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

ooh!
is it a lithium model? i.e. cr123?

qarawol

Enlightened
Re: F/S: KL4 Head w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Proto Boost Con.!! **STILL AVAILABLE/+BONUS IT

Hi MSax,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Replied PM received and I'll pass for now. Great looking mod.

Njoy...

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: KL4 Head w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Proto Boost Con.!! **STILL AVAILABLE/+BONUS IT

Hi MSax,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Replied PM received and I'll pass for now. Great looking mod.

Njoy...

No problem. Thanks for your interest. :thumbsup:

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: KL4 w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Proto Boost Con.!! **$180/Includes Free Glo-Toob!**

Price drop, if I don't sell the head this evening I will keep it myself. :crackup:

MSax

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: KL4 w/ SSC P4, ArcMania Proto Boost Con.!! **$180/Includes Free Glo-Toob!**

Visually, how much brighter than a stock KL4 does it look like?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Visually, how much brighter than a stock KL4 does it look like?

Its really hard to say as the beams are quite different. The L4 has a huge hot spot and a moderate spill into the corona. This light has a much more intense hot spot but the transition to the corona is much less pronounced. With that being said, a Lux V in the stock light at ~660mAs is putting out what... 80 lumens max? The ARC Mania driver is pushing a SSC P4 at 1.1A. So its considerably brighter at the center of the hot spot and it should be putting out well over twice as much light overall.

I'll see if I can post some Lux readings tonight, although I'm not sure what that would honestly tell you? I suck at beamshots, but I'll try again to put something comparable together.

In the mean time, here's a beamshot that "borrowed" from another thread that gives you and idea of a KL4 modded with a SSC. I did not take this shot.

Beamshot-KL4 w/ SSC P4

There is a beamshot of the stock L4 here.... http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/surefire_l4.htm

Hope this helps.

MSax