8NX Commander

Winter1

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at purchasing the 8NX Commander.

Does anyone know what the shelf life is on the B90 Rechargeable NI-CD battery after it is charged up?

What are the Pro's and Con's on the 8NX Commander?

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
i think the B90 has a 'bad' reputation.
i got 9AN and after it got fully charge,
i leave it for about a week, and it loss its power about 70% i think (by turning it on, and saw a yellow beam - not white)

if i were you, i will save more money and buy 10X

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 8NX is a tough, durable flashlight. SureFire is waiting for new B90 Batteries to arrive. I will be buying two 8NX-YL myself and a friend when the reliability of the B90's is back to normal. This could be sometime until SureFire have enough new B90's to correct for the bad batteries which were released.

Cons of the 8NX in my experience of field-testing one are it's Lexan lens and no LockOut.

Pros of the 8NX are two batteries, rapid charger, KT5 TurboHead option, Lanyard option, BeamFilter options, Holster options, tough, resiliant Nitrolon. Bright pure output for a very stable X80 lamp, and general abuse resistant package.

In the future, we are likely to see a 5 Watt Luxeon Bezel for it.

Al

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my 8NX a lot. I hate my B90's alot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif, The X80 lamp assembly is great and gives a nice clean light. The B90's won't hold a charge more than 2 days effectivly. SF is sending me a set of "tested" B90's to replace the ones I got about 3 weeks ago. I find it's easy to carry, has accessories I need. I have not had any problem with the lack of lock out because I carried it on duty on my belt. In the 2 years I've had mine it still looks good with no damage. The Lexan has bot given me any problems using filters or a traffic cone.
Now if the Batteries would just hold a charge properly it would be almost perfect

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
Do you care if its new? I have one (the kit) I've been meaning to put in the for sale forum with a spare X80, three B90s, and AC/DC w/ 12V adaptor.

SureFire replaced all three batteries a few months ago. They won't hold a prolonged charge as others have mentioned but at least they're not dead like the originals.

It's barely used (perhaps 4-5 charges/battery) but does have my name engraved on it. I simply never use it; I use my Stinger instead.