"Official FBI Flashlight"

Brock

Flashaholic
Re:

I saw that also, and asked PK about it when I saw him. He said they made thousands of them like that, and some of them actually did go to the FBI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

did you see the price? $112 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif i thought the FBI was going to the G2Z to save money? i'd take the G2Z over a Z2 any day.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
Brock, isn't that a normal Z2?

[/ QUOTE ]

looked like it to me.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Re: Z2 or G2Z

That's the regular Z2 (plus, if you click on the pic, it enlarges to show the "Z2" printing on the side) -

Interestingly enough, that's supposed to be the FBI standard issue, and for various other LE agencies. If I'm not mistaken, it was based on a combatgrip theme for the SureFire 6P line from FBI Special Agent Bill Rogers (retired). The G2Z obviously came later. I personally prefer the G2Z - feels much lighter and the tail cap grooves make for an easier transition to turn the cap for constant-on with one hand. Too bad my department doesn't make THAT or the Z2 a standard issue. Ahh heck, at least the G2Z price is very reasonable anyway.

-Jim

Brock

Flashaholic
Re:

Yes, as far as I can tell it is a normal Z2, except for the engraving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That engraving must cost a lot.

Oh, the one I saw had F.B.I. engraved on it, this one looks like a plain Z2.

Wylie

Enlightened
Re:

I wouldn't be too sure it was the engraving that cost so much. I have visited the Hammacher Schlemmer retailer in Manhattan New York and they are a high-end retailer. Most all of the products sold through Hammacher are of the highest of quality but they do bump the retail end up a bit. This is the company that awarded my patent best recreational product of 2001. Hammacher Schlemmer is a 155-year-old company with the longest continuously running mail order catalog in the United States. They helped to introduce such gadgetry as the pop up toaster and electric hair drier when they were originated. These products just don't seem to be as much the novelties as they were when they first came out. Someday I hope to see the same become of my product.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re:

Wylie,

I think that the point was that if the only difference was the etching, then the price difference was due to it.
I think it was a joke (because the price is)

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

in the picture it appears as if the Z2 has a notched retaining ring, which would mean it has a pyrex lens. does the Z2 now come standard with the pyrex lens?

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Re:

Did anyone notice this:

"The tempered, shatter-proof Lexan® pyrex window at the front deflects kinetic shocks and impacts"

I've gotta get a hold of some of this hybrid material......

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Re:

They're also in American Airlines' SKYmall magazine (but still from Hammacher Schlemmer) with some pretty outstanding claims... What the advertisers can get away with amazes me sometimes!

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Re:

[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
Did anyone notice this:

"The tempered, shatter-proof Lexan® pyrex window at the front deflects kinetic shocks and impacts"

I've gotta get a hold of some of this hybrid material......

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't catch that at first - I agree, quite hilarious... must be nice to make up whatever you want nowadays! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Take for example, my new and improved clear aluminum foil for cooking! Next month, I'll introduce my hybrid Lexan/Clear Aluminum products! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Re:

Hmmm... Transparent Aluminum, I remember seeing that in a Star Trek movie. Seems they wanted to make a fish tank for some whales. I don't remember them having any issues with kinetic shocks and impacts though...

Sounds like great stuff for a lens. Chris, just talk to your computer. The formula will just come right up and you can make us some lenses...

Tom

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re:

Not transparent aluminum, but close...
clearalum.jpg

Transparent Alumina /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
Re:

Umm, ya I think that price can be beat... $63 at islandsecuritystore.com, that's HALF the price. Heck, I'm gonna buy it right now if it's 1/2 off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif