Online flashlight dealers

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
Are the battery junction and battery station reputable and dependable places to do online business with?

They each have flashlight I would like to purchase and don't want to have problems.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Batteryjunction (MattK) is a pretty good dealer from what I've read.

I'm not sure about Batterystation but I've also heard they are a good dealer.

Just curious but what light are you planning on buying?

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
I plan on getting the surefire g2 led. Both places have it for $65. At battery junction you get 6 free batteries with the light.

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any Lowes stores in your area? I do and that's where I picked up my G2L. $65, comes with one pair of SF 123's, and you don't have to wait for it to arrive. :D

On a side note, I have ordered from batteryjunction in the past and have no gripes at all. Received exactly what I ordered in a timely manner. So if you want the "free" batteries maybe you can go that route.

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
I do have a Lowes, I did not realize they have surefires, I'll have to check it out. Kilovolt, thanks for the welcome.

qadsan

Newly Enlightened
They're both great based on my own personal experiences. And so is Lighthound.com among several others.

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
I do have a Lowes, I did not realize they have surefires, I'll have to check it out. Kilovolt, thanks for the welcome.

Heads up - for the longest time I thought they were sold out but really they were 'tickets' hanging in place of the flashlights. Apparently people were stealing them. :thumbsdow

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
Well, per your advise, I went to my local Lowe's and they had the G2led and the 6p. I bought the G2 led. It's still daylight, but I'll try it out tonight.

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
Lowe's also had 2 or 3 D cell conversions for my maglites.
Which is better the NiteIze for 8.99 or the Mag lite brand for 18.99?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Neither

The NiteIze would be dim(but very long running, review)
The Maglite drop-in could benefit from a current gen LED(At least double the output).

Out of those two, I would go for the Maglite drop-in.

The Terralux would be good for a lower priced drop-in(still more then the maglite drop-in though) and if you want to spend the money, the Malkoffdevices would be the brightest single LED drop-in.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
*Missed post #11.

When the cells get depleted, be sure not to use Made in China cells in your Surefire.

The last thing we want is to read yet another thread about.... "My Flashlight Exploded."

Last edited:

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
I have made several purchases from battery junction and they were great. haven't tried battery station yet.

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
So what cells are not made in china. Please give me recomendations.
Are the surefire batteries the only ones I should use?

Flashlite357

Newly Enlightened
How about the ones that battery junction sells? They are labeled as made in use. The caption says that they are used in surefires, that they are just relabled for the company.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So what cells are not made in china. Please give me recomendations.
Are the surefire batteries the only ones I should use?

I too recommend sticking with Surefire or Duracell brand CR123 cells.

If you want to save money with these type of cells, don't do it by buying dirt cheap Made in China CR123s. Do it by buying in bulk. A case of 12 Surefire brand cells will save you money in the long run. Since CR123 cells have a very long shelf life, about 10 years, no need to worry that your cells might be dead a couple of years down the road.