FireFox ??

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I am trying to change Firefox default icon so that when I open firefox and its in the taskbar, I can set it to whatever icon I choose. Does anybody know how I can do this?

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I understand your question correctly, you'd right-click on the FF shortcut icon and choose Properties. In there you should see an option to Change Icon.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Lite_Me.
What I mean is when you open a program, the tab shows in the windows taskbar along with the icon of the program. As in this case, I would like to change the default FF icon . Hope I explained it alittle better.

Thanks

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
search-1.jpg

you mean this?if you do, i dont know how, but helping you post a picture for clarity..:thumbsup:

im in the office, so please excuse the IE

Crenshaw

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Crenshaw,

Thats exactly what I am talking about.

The reason I would like to change it is FF is not authorized on our systems at work so I installed FF Portable on the thumb drive and run it from it. I just don't want someone to see the FF icon when I have it open. But I could just hide the taskbar.

Thanks

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, okay, well i cant help you :shrug:

hopfully someone will come along that can..:D:thumbsup:

Crenshaw

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey thats interesting.

Too bad so many are so ignorant that you're forced to do this. I run a ton of stuff at work from my thumbdrive as well, including linux.