Case for 18650s

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know where I can get a small case for 18650 cells (1-4 cells)?

I'm specifically not looking for one of those peli case or otterbox type things, but just something *very* small to fit in a pocket whilst I'm out and about, to keep the cells from shorting on anything, protect them from knocks, and preferably keep water off them.

This is the sort of thing http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=100900 but I can only find them for AA and 123 cells. I seem to have looked everywhere.

I'd be very grateful if anyone who's seen such an item could let me know where it can be found.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the Keep2go will work. Its a tight fit on some 17670s. Maybe some other PET bottle blanks will work.

I think an orange walmart matchcase will work though to hold a single.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

indycrucible

Newly Enlightened
The orange walmart waterproof matchcase does hold one protected 18650. I added little foam to one end so it wouldn't rattle around. They are around $1 at walmart in the camping section.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Keep2Go Dark Blue and Light Blue will each hold 2 protected 18650s (I have 2 of each). The Green and Clear will only hold 2 17670.
Thanks for the heads up, Steve L :twothumbs . Off to Fenix-Store.com I go...

grinsekatz

Newly Enlightened
For one 18650 I also use this one http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=2739

Alex
progress.gif

chanamasala

Enlightened
Recently got these:

25 unit ammo case for 3" shells and three 88 cent matchstick holders from Walmart. Used a bit of dollar store sponge for the matchstick holder so it would minimize what little rattle it had.

Last edited: