Has anyone modded their BOG drop-in?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until just right now, I thought I had a bad tailcap on the 6P I have my BOG Q5 drop-in in... I took the drop-in out and put it in another 6P, and I have the same problem.

My problem is; it's difficult to operate the forward clickie, it requires at least twice the pushing force to operate this drop-in. I'm pretty sure it has to do with there being no spring on the positive terminal on the BOG drop-in. On a normal P60 drop-in, the spring on the positive end allows the batteries to be pushed up closer to the module while the momentary is pressed.

So... is there anything I can do to workaround this? Has anyone done any work to theirs to make it work better? :shrug:

Beastmaster

Enlightened
What batteries are you using? If you're using protected 16340's, it will be extremely tight. UltraFires are the worst on the light with a BOG drop in.

-Steve

Until just right now, I thought I had a bad tailcap on the 6P I have my BOG Q5 drop-in in... I took the drop-in out and put it in another 6P, and I have the same problem.

My problem is; it's difficult to operate the forward clickie, it requires at least twice the pushing force to operate this drop-in. I'm pretty sure it has to do with there being no spring on the positive terminal on the BOG drop-in. On a normal P60 drop-in, the spring on the positive end allows the batteries to be pushed up closer to the module while the momentary is pressed.

So... is there anything I can do to workaround this? Has anyone done any work to theirs to make it work better? :shrug:

Mercaptan

Enlightened

Make a small coil of solder, place it on the positive terminal, heat slightly... voila, a perfectly formed new positive contact with more than enough relief for batteries.

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
i just used a bit of foil on the head of the BOG to make up for the gap, you cant see the foil through the lens and it works every time!