Wolfeyes Fox 1 X

BOBBYBOB

Newly Enlightened
I might have found the perfect light, I was hoping to get an opinion from
an owner. It is the Wolfeyes 1 X Focusing LED light. They claim 260 Lumens (grain of salt), I am torn between the Fenix P3D premium and
the Fox, but I like the focusing part. Any opinions would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you

magic_elf

Banned
Not sure about the 260 lumens, but from the review at light-reviews.com it seems the Wolf Eyes Defender is putting out more light.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fox-1X :
1x 18650 2200mAh AW Protected

Flood Focus Spot 4700 Lux, Flood Focus Spill 223 Lux
Spot Focus Spot 8550 Lux, Spot Focus Spill 210 Lux

Defender :
1x 18650 2200mAh AW Protected

100% Spot 6120 Lux 100% Spill 166 Lux
20% Spot 1526 Lux 20% Spill 42 Lux
2% Spot 588 Lux 2% Spill 17 Lux

From ~ http://www.light-reviews.com/reviews.html

Look at both the Flood and Spot numbers for the Fox-1X.

DaveYoungman

Newly Enlightened
or a FENIX P3DQ5 (215 Lumens)

Depends on if you neeed the TAC version. The FENIX T1 could be a twin and is pretty rugged. It's also knobby and heavy. Looks like the Defender is exactly the same.

The Fenix P3 however is the size of a cigar, will fit in the back pocket of your jeans beside your wallet. I don't think it gets more convenient than that. I carry mine with me ALL the time now - night and day. It is that easy to carry. T1 and Defender are great lights but no way are you going to carry either in your pocket all the time. One's ability to use a flashlight depends entirely on having it with you. P3 is so unobtrusive and easy to carry I have it with my all the time now. Twice in the last 3 months I've been in a movie theater and at the end of the movie the knobs forgot to turn the light on so people didn't have to leave in almost complete darkness. Out came the P3 and lit up the whole front of the theater so people didn't break their ankles coming down stairs. That's because I had it with me. The T1 was in the car.

Herpn

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased the Fenix P3D Premium Q5 and this thing is AWESOME. I have had the surefire G2 for years now and can not tell you how awesome this light is for the $$. Well worth it.. I think it was like $44.00? I was trying to run my new rechargable batteries down so I could recharge them. This think was throwing light for over 20 hours and I finally just shut it off.

radu1976

Enlightened
I might have found the perfect light, I was hoping to get an opinion from
an owner. It is the Wolfeyes 1 X Focusing LED light. They claim 260 Lumens (grain of salt), I am torn between the Fenix P3D premium and
the Fox, but I like the focusing part. Any opinions would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you

Bob,
I am considering to buy this light too, I am 90% decided ; I am considering it as the perfect flashlight too.I am not sure it has 260 lumens...the output is overestimated in my opinion, the MRV , DBS, RAIDFIRE SPHEAR or TIABLO Q5 could have such an output and they are the real throwers...
However according to light-reviews dot com the FOX is able to throw very good too and it has a very bright sidespill 210 - more than TIABLO Q5 and about the same with the ultrathrower DEREELIGHT DBS -.
I was wondering what to choose between 3 medium sleek throwers : FOX, LUMAPOWER M1 R or Q5 and DEREELIGHT CLS Q5....well because of a much brighter sidespill I will choose for a WE FOX. The regulation on 18650 cells is good too, almost 2hrs.
A negative point could be the price, a bit too high and the clickie button that has - as I have read - no feedback.
According to the review on this light at light-reviews dot com there's no such a big difference between the spot and the flood....u can see the...I had before an LED focusable light, a COAST LENSER 3 W LUXEON but that was horrible on flood....just a big black hole in the mioddle of the beam.
Yet, according to the review FOX is different...looks wonderful in the pics.
Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Wattnot

Enlightened
I'd love to hear from more of CPF's "big guns" on this item. It looks intriguing and I don't find the price that bad, if it does a good job.

And radu1976, I was about to make the same comment on the beamshots on light-reviews as you did. Then I thought about the distance; those beamshots look to be only a few feet away. That angle is going to grow quite a bit as soon as you add some distance.

My question about focus-able lights is how well they can control holes and artifacts. I'm wondering the same thing about the new Surefire (UB1 Optimus?). I'd like to see how well that one does with focusing too.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to hear from more of CPF's "big guns" on this item. It looks intriguing and I don't find the price that bad, if it does a good job.

And radu1976, I was about to make the same comment on the beamshots on light-reviews as you did. Then I thought about the distance; those beamshots look to be only a few feet away. That angle is going to grow quite a bit as soon as you add some distance.

My question about focus-able lights is how well they can control holes and artifacts. I'm wondering the same thing about the new Surefire (UB1 Optimus?). I'd like to see how well that one does with focusing too.

+

Being a fairly rare light, I'll give you some true input.

The Fox-1 built like very solidly, it has a feel in hand unlike any of my other lights.
Output is similar to a Dereelight Q5 lights running on high...very bright.

The reflector is different in that it extends deeper where the emitter would got through, which is for the focusing aspect. (hard to describe the reflector)

The reflector gives a beam that is very refined,
you can see different levels of intensity if you look hard, ending up with a distinct center spot within the hotspot itself.

Basically its similar to a Dereelight CL1H in throw with a more overall refined beam that can be adjusted on the fly for more floddy pattern.

Depending on your preference, you can fine tune a beam that suite your needs.
Mine has good resistance in the bezel to hold focus.

Hope that helps.

Wattnot

Enlightened
That helps quite a bit, thanks! I've only had my CL1H for about a week, and I haven't even had the chance to put it to any practical use, but my initial impression of it is almost too much throw and not enough spill. The Fox might be just what I'm looking for.

How's the regulation on an 18650? Does it have protection circuitry or is a protected battery recommended?

Forward clicky? Momentary? High/low or other modes?

PS>>>> EDIT:

Eh, never mind. I saw a video of someone focusing this thing at a distance of 10-20 feet and was disappointed in how little the hotspot/spill changed.

Last edited: