Anyone seen/tried these FINGER flashlights?

jugg2

Enlightened
I have seen those in the checkout line at Wal-Mart. Looks like a 5mm LED, its probably not very bright, but I have never used them.

mitylite

Newly Enlightened
Well, they are nice, but cheap (i guess price too). The 5mm LED is direct driven by 3 coin cells. I guess they are meant for illuminating paper while writing in a dark room (eg. conference) but you can use them for illuminate keyholes etc. too. They are bright enough for that, but not more. I got them as a giveaway and i like it. Nice (little) present, too.

houtex

Enlightened
I know a DJ that uses one of those.Very cheap construction but it works well.It's like a photon light on your finger.

bspofford

Enlightened
I bought a number of these with blue light in 3-modes at Wal-Mart for 25 cents each. None worked until I opened the light and bent the battery contact a little more. Now the kids think they are fun.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
The white LED ones seems interesting. I wonder how bright they are compared to a photon or similiar.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
They're complete crap, but you already knew that. :) Switches are junk, the concept really doesn't work (hold a pen, see where your finger 'points'), the elastic is inconsistent (some loose, some too tight), and the LED's are really too bright with not enough flood. This last thing might be helped by sanding up the LED like I've done with my wifes LED booklight, but wouldn't help this concept much.

Someone got me a 4 pack of these for Christmas as a stocking stuffer or something.. I've put them out in geocaches, people who don't know better might think they're useful. :whistle:

I wonder what they would look like on all your fingers while playing guitar and other instruments for that matter. It would be something different.

-Jeff

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have one of the blue led walmart finger lights, it is fun but not very useful. I stumbled across a few white led versions of the same light which are pretty decent and also some of the tinier led finger lights in red white and blue led which use some rather small batteries. the large ones I think use ag10 or thinner than standard button cells
I found myself playing with them but never using them as I would rather use a headlamp with known runtime than have one hand tied up with a fingerlight using small batteries on a weaker light.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Don't bother getting one of those. I've seen those in Targets and other department stores where you put in 2 quarters into a vending machine and you get one. Its the same exact version/model, there is absolutely no difference between what you have in the picture and what I've seen. I'm sure you can get at least 5 lumens but its not even worth the 50 cents in my opinion.